Page 640 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 626636638639640641642644654 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I'm pretty much done with physical media, but I'd love to see a 4k 2001.

2. I can't help but read "I want to be able to easily steal things" when people write "I'm done with physical media." I know it's not true for all, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. There are many downsides to digital, most of which have been addressed already. What's the downside to physical, the small amount of space the case takes up? It's a small sacrifice in order to actually own a thing that has value, not have to worry about digital rights, download speeds, hardware stability, etc.

Ssjn, but moving things is hard.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can't help but read "I want to be able to easily steal things" when people write "I'm done with physical media." I know it's not true for all, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. There are many downsides to digital, most of which have been addressed already. What's the downside to physical, the small amount of space the case takes up? It's a small sacrifice in order to actually own a thing that has value, not have to worry about digital rights, download speeds, hardware stability, etc.
    Discs have no value whatsoever, and I don't steal anything.

I was just speaking for myself and I am sure that accumulating more discs works for some people. Just not me anymore.

Physical media is pretty much dead to me for music, books, and PC games. The convenience, price, and storage space (either because of tiny files or huge hard drives) outweighs the benefits of physical media.

Console games are still far from that imo.

For me digital is all about saving space. Blus and dvds individually don't take much space, but I have hundreds of them. I don't buy digital movies though because the quality isn't anywhere near a bluray, and more than likely I can find the blu for the same price or cheaper than a digital version.

That being said, I'm done buying movies of any type other than the stuff I really love, I'll just stream everything else. I think the only movies I bought in the past year were Jackie Brown and Tenchi Muyo.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post

That being said, I'm done buying movies of any type other than the stuff I really love, I'll just stream (rent, borrow) everything else.
    That's what you should have been doing all along. I'm pretty sure we all were (or still are) game hoarders at one point. As time goes on we realize we dont need hundreds of games we wont use. That doesn't mean the physical games were the problem. Either you enjoy collecting things or you don't.
    And it's weird that there are thousands and thousands of transactions on ebay and such involving these valueless discs.

8. Yea, the $4 I get for a used disc is not worth the physical space it takes in my house. Hence, no value whatsoever.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What's the downside to physical, the small amount of space the case takes up?
    Environmental impact and shitty labor practices.

Like when you put all your unused stuff in the trash for landfill?