Page 1112 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 109811081110111111121113111411161126 ... LastLast
Results 11,111 to 11,120 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I'll eat the vegan one that's chipotle flavor if it's on something. I won't buy it or add it myself.

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Smoked Mayo is the best condiment.
    I'm intrigued - are you just talking about mayo with smoked ingredients such as paprika blended in (which is all that comes up when I google the phrase), or do you mean actually plopping the jar out into a dish and tossing it in the smoker?

Also, go to an Asian market and ask for Kewpie brand mayo from Japan. I'm not just being an Fchan, that shit is legit way better than anything you can get from America (except maybe some obscure artisan brands). Mostly because of the MSG. I doubt it'll change these mayo haters' minds, but if you already like mayo, you'll adore Kewpie.

(That second paragraph was directed at the thread in general, not Icarus specifically, if that wasn't clear. :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. I've done comparison tests between actually smoking it in a smoker and liquid smoke. Liquid smoke wins. Just add a little in a bowl with some decent mayo to taste. We even used to burn leeks to ash as an addition, but the liquid smoke won out again.

It's unbelievable - probably the best thing I've come up with in all my years of cheffing.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Ahh, your own invention, no wonder Google hadn't heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. I'm sure it's around, but I hadn't heard of it when we tried it.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Whip-its aint no joke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...b98_story.html

news article reports that we now have too many jobs...

It is amazing the acrobatics some people will go to to not blame the powerful. It isn't an issue of too many jobs. It is an issue of too many businesses. It is an issue that some industries have reached saturation point. That companies are racing tot he bottom to keep their facilities open.

No one wants to admit that maybe, just maybe, that some markets would be better off if some companies or some locations within a company left.

Why is it so easy to tell the middle class down that "hey, you can't have everything you want" but we can't even verbalize that not everyone gets to own a company? Or be a plant manager? Or their family gets to be ultra wealthy indefinitely?

9. Today's Random News

How do we square the idea that we have too many jobs with the idea we need more immigrants to replace today's workers? Because one side of the political spectrum is making both of those arguments.