Page 1209 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 119512051207120812091210121112131223 ... LastLast
Results 12,081 to 12,090 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

I love how long this conversation has gone on considering only one person on the board has raised children to (almost) adulthood.

2. Ehhh kids can be born with different personalities. Some kids are mild mannered and others are uninhibited daredevils. Nature and nuture work together on that.

I don’t think a few taps on the butt should get the state involved or anything. But if someone is doing it constantly to the point a kid is fearful to spill milk or the parent is using an object that’s probably over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I think you can prevent kids from being like that in the first place if you're a skilled parent, but people make mistakes, and once a kid is spoiled you can't talk them down from a tantrum, or reason with them to get them to stop doing something dangerous.
    This just sounds like a vague way to keep your stance. What's next? It's the pregnant mom's fault for eating grapes instead of bananas and that's why the kid is an asshole?

And even if it is some magical pre whatever on the fault of the parent, so what? Do we just let the child be a brat? Grow up to be a little shitlord?

"Oh well, he was spoiled at 6 months. Nothing we can do here."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Also, those of you who were disciplined physically as a child, did you also attend church and pray and do the Christian thing too? Curious.
    None of that. I just got beat when I misbehaved. Always mom. Sometimes it was a spank, sometimes it was a hit with a rolling pin. One time, I smacked my sister in the ribs with a wiffle bat and got thrown out the door. I didn't need an explanation, I knew what I was doing was wrong.

(For the record: Dad spanked me once. It wasn't even very hard, but I never misbehaved around him again.)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    This just sounds like a vague way to keep your stance. What's next? It's the pregnant mom's fault for eating grapes instead of bananas and that's why the kid is an asshole?

And even if it is some magical pre whatever on the fault of the parent, so what? Do we just let the child be a brat? Grow up to be a little shitlord?

"Oh well, he was spoiled at 6 months. Nothing we can do here."
    Uh, no.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I love how long this conversation has gone on considering only one person on the board has raised children to (almost) adulthood.
    What's this almost bullshit! My son is 22, my daughter is 20.
    Maybe I'm a horrible person that got lucky and ended up with two great kids* despite my abuse. We'll never know will we.

*of course they're not perfect, I'm not saying they are. But on the whole they respect themselves and those around them. That's really all I ask.

Jesus, I was thinking they were still teens.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    But we've all been children, and were raised to adulthood.

9. I'd argue the adulthood of some of you...

10. just kidding.
    Mostly.