Page 606 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 592602604605606607608610620 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I don't see any problem whatsoever with the trigger warning stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3opuk9kmxwkhvrglo7p.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	75557  

3. Wait, I must have missed something, do people actually care about what shirt that guy was wearing on TNL?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    And the argument against "trigger warnings" is such a pathetic, immature, selfish argument.
    Which one?

5. Today's Random News

The argument that people who use the label "trigger warning" are idiots and that there's no reason to do so, or how you should just "suck it up" on the Internet.

If you don't think the label has any value, that's fine, but active bitching about those who do use it is just ridiculous. It's not hurting anyone, and some people really appreciate it.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Everyone has trigger warnings. Making a special case of it is for special snowflakes.

imo of course

7. I don't mean anywhere and everywhere on the Internet - I mean in places that are specifically for a segment of people, or on articles where the author feels like they want those trigger warnings to be there.

The arguments I've seen against them seem to say that they're stupid 100% of the time.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I mean in places that are specifically for a segment of people
    Hypothetical example?

I think they're kind of dumb.

If someone wants to use them, of course they're free to, I'm just going to roll my eyes every time I see it.

As long as they don't expect me to use them or call people who don't use them mysogynists or whatever.

If I ever pay for a novel and there's a trigger warning before a chapter I'm going to lose my shit.

edit: basically I'm not mad people use them within their own supportive communities but it should never, ever be a consideration in entertainment media like books, movies, games, etc.

Let me give an example:

Adaptation, one of my favorite movies, features a sudden and extremely jarring car crash.

I'm sure a good percentage of the world's population has been involved in a car crash, and watching this makes them uncomfortable. I'm sure a smaller but still significant percentage has lost a loved one to a car crash, and this scene makes them uncomfortable. I'm sure an even smaller segment of the population has experienced an extremely traumatic car crash involving the deaths of their entire families by what they might feel are their own hands, and this scene might be traumatic for them. Or, possibly, they might relate to the character more strongly than anyone else.

There shouldn't be a trigger warning in any of those examples. Why are we thinking about making exceptions for other cases? And once that starts, where does it stop? What percentage needs to be affected and how strongly exactly to warrant a trigger warning for that subject?