Page 1102 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 108810981100110111021103110411061116 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,020 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

It will probably never go away. As long as the powerful can use these events to claim power it will happen. And as long as our population grows, allowing people to live in isolation within large populations, it will happen.

2. Well, this is terrible.

I think Britain needs to bring back the death penalty, and the USA needs to start using the electric chair again- but only to use on terrorist vermin. I would say give a typical murderer life in prison, but a terrorist is something worse.

3. Death penalty is weak sauce. If I truly hated someone, death is what they would beg for each time I open them up and stitch them back together.
    What bothers me is the lack of creativity and ambition. This kind of attack just pisses people off. Nobody is scared to leave their homes because of it. It accomplishes nothing. No wrong is righted, no injustice undone.
    Why don't they blow up the royal family or something?
    Last edited by kedawa; 23 May 2017 at 02:23 AM.

4. Death penalty for people whose main ambition in life is to die. Not sure that would work so well. Better to put them in a dark hole for eternity and let them feed on vermin.

Putting a terrorist to death just creates martyrs for the cause. I'm with Error, throw them in a pit forever.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    This kind of attack just pisses people off. Nobody is scared to leave their homes because of it. It accomplishes nothing. No wrong is righted, no injustice undone.
    this is basically how I feel

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Putting a terrorist to death just creates martyrs for the cause. I'm with Error, throw them in a pit forever.
    If terrorists believe death = martyrdom, I see.
    Chuck a terrorist into a dark-as-fuck dungeon for the rest of his life, then give him periodic torture two to three times a week, like whipping, caning, or bastinado. Sometimes even sleep deprivation courtesy of a strong overhead light, or waterboarding (if his guilt has been proven, go for it). Basically, make the rest of his imprisoned life hell on earth to the point where he succumbs to sheer madness or despair, wailing in fear as he hears the torturer's boots on the floor. Don't let anyone visit him except the torturer.

The 8th Amendment and similar protections in other countries should not cover terrorists. They are indeed "evil losers" as Trump would say.

8. The issue with terrorism in europe is that it's fueled by a bunch of poorly educated refugees who have no social or economic prospects turning to extremism. It rises from a lack of education and money, and when you're doing nothing all day but worrying about money and your family is miserable, martyring yourself for allah seems pretty a-okay. Europe/UK needs to face these issues head on before these attacks will even begin to halt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Death penalty is weak sauce. If I truly hated someone, death is what they would beg for each time I open them up and stitch them back together.
    What bothers me is the lack of creativity and ambition. This kind of attack just pisses people off. Nobody is scared to leave their homes because of it. It accomplishes nothing. No wrong is righted, no injustice undone.
    Why don't they blow up the royal family or something?
    I misread the last sentence as "why don't they blow the royal family or something" as an alternative punishment to the death penalty. I thought you might be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The issue with terrorism in europe is that it's fueled by a bunch of poorly educated refugees who have no social or economic prospects turning to extremism. It rises from a lack of education and money, and when you're doing nothing all day but worrying about money and your family is miserable, martyring yourself for allah seems pretty a-okay. Europe/UK needs to face these issues head on before these attacks will even begin to halt.
    The UK has started the ball rolling, as have eastern European countries who have already built walls. The EU is fucked, because they want to be in order to continue to centralize power in all the places that should never be allowed to have it.