Page 629 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 615625627628629630631633643 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If hackers were sitting on a pile of United Artists emails in which DW Griffith calls Charlie Chaplin a faggot, you're right. Sony pulling the movie has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with fear of more embarrassing leaks. A $44 million dollar bath is nothing compared to a Brad Pitt vowing never to again work with Sony over something leaked.
    to the greedy,safety and losing money are the same thing. Blow the studio walls or bankrupt them away, its the same thing at the end of the day.

And its probably good that it is the same. If sony had zero risk of losing money, I'm pretty convinced they'd go ahead and do just about anything even if it would risk lives. The money is probably worth a whole lot more to them

2. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I love this quote:

imagine if producers and distributors and others started engaging in self-censorship because they don't want to offend the sensibilities of somebody whose sensibilities probably need to be offended.

4. Ditto. On the flip-side, he says something about strengthening infrastructure, which makes me worry what regulations will be put in place and how it might effect internet freedom.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Not taking the blame fully away from Sony, but didn't like 3 or 4 large theater companies say they would show The Interview before Sony finally bailed? Kind of hard to make money when no one will show your movie.

Yes, but I believe Sony gave them the option too, which they didn't have to. Otherwise I think they were contractually obligated to show it.

7. Yea Sony let them bail, and they all chose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Ditto. On the flip-side, he says something about strengthening infrastructure, which makes me worry what regulations will be put in place and how it might effect internet freedom.
    That is probably why this is getting so much airtime.

That and shifting attention from that torture report that came out.

9. One of these days Ol Kim is gonna wake up to America Fuck Yeah on his clock radio, on all stations, and that will be the day he will know that you can fuck with the NBA, you can fuck with South Korea, but you don't fuck with Hollywood.

interesting timeline for existence

http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/puttin...rspective.html

looks like it is to scale.