Page 762 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 748758760761762763764766776 ... LastLast
Results 7,611 to 7,620 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. What about single song sales? I'd imagine a lot more single tracks are sold than full albums.

Today's Random News

You have to factor in streaming. I don't sell many Quarantines records these days, but people still stream the hell out of it.

3. Also Josh, he's on Columbia. I'm not sure the record deal, but he paid off his momma's debt & is touring the world. So I think he did well and don't see it happening DIY.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. LOL

I woulda posted the original but it's gone now. Just read the excerpts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Also Josh, he's on Columbia. I'm not sure the record deal, but he paid off his momma's debt & is touring the world. So I think he did well and don't see it happening DIY.
    I don't know what this has to do with my response. I'm saying streaming eats into traditional album sales. If it were ten years ago he'd have sold a lot more CDs. There is a reason I have been bitching about Spotify payouts for a few years now.

6. Is Apple Music offering a better deal? Spotify charges $10 or $12 a month for service, what does the artist see out of that?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 03 Jul 2015 at 09:28 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    LOL

I woulda posted the original but it's gone now. Just read the excerpts.
    she collected $1700, LOL!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Is Apple Music offering a better deal? Spotify charges $10 or $12 a month for service, what does the artist see out of that?
    The problem is that Spotify makes a net loss overall.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...sic-profitable

So...there really isn't money for anybody. Maybe streaming music doesn't work...

9. A lot of "successful" tech companies lose money consistently and just keep on truckin'.

They found a little old man in Germany that had been hiding a Panther tank and a flak gun in his basement. The police are seizing it this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-s-house.html

(Dailymail just has better pictures. The story is on BBC too)

Everything I'm reading is saying it was registered and demilled, so I'm not sure why the police are seizing it.

What a sign of the times. Apparently he liked to drive it around in the snow in the late 70s. It is only recently that people got serious about it. World of Pussies imo.