Page 544 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 530540542543544545546548558 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

A civilian Malaysian plane was shot down over the Ukraine. I've got a bad feeling about this.

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/ma...h-295-on-board

Oh good.

3. In lighter news, Malaysian Airlines stock is way cheap now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Your mom had obviously never been to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    A civilian Malaysian plane was shot down over the Ukraine. I've got a bad feeling about this.

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/ma...h-295-on-board
    23 Americans on board, and it was almost certainly the Russian-backed separatists. Emboldening Putin continues to work out well globally. Even the wreckage is being taken to Moscow and not Kiev.

edit: Those sanctions brought against the likely missile manufacturer yesterday were typical in their timing and effectiveness as well.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Jul 2014 at 05:17 PM.

7. I don't doubt it was a separatist rocket, but Putin is not ordering passenger planes to be blasted out of the sky. If I could send you back to the Cold War era you're so nostalgic for, believe me, I would. Until then, please know that James Bond is not a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Could you paste the text? I'm not subscribing to shit.
    I can when Time Warner decides to give me internet again. It's long for the phone to handle reasonably.

edit: Here is the gist:

Satya Nadella, the CEO since February, said Thursday that he would cut about 14% of Microsoft's workforce and take charges to earnings totaling up to $1.6 billion over the next year in his biggest move so far to reshape the software giant.

Microsoft said it plans to eliminate as many as 18,000 jobs, or 14% of its workforce, over the next year, part of a sweeping plan to streamline its operations following the recent acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business. Scott Thurm joins MoneyBeat.

The majority of the cuts—about 12,500 of the 18,000 expected—would come from areas of overlap with Nokia Corp.'s NOK1V.HE -0.81% mobile-phone business, which Microsoft acquired in April. Microsoft absorbed about 25,000 workers in the Nokia deal.

The layoffs will be the largest in Microsoft's history, surpassing the more than 5,000 positions eliminated in 2009.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Jul 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't doubt it was a separatist rocket, but Putin is not ordering passenger planes to be blasted out of the sky. If I could send you back to the Cold War era you're so nostalgic for, believe me, I would. Until then, please know that James Bond is not a documentary.
    Of course Putin didn't order it. He's just the reason they have the ability in the first place.

edit: Our intelligence is now ruling out the Ukranian military, but they cannot rule out the possibility that the source was across the Russian border, possibly even an integrated system connected to Moscow.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Jul 2014 at 05:41 PM.

10. Was the EVER a time in the past 50 years where Russia would have been unable to give a country bordering it filled with russian speaking people the ability to shoot down a passenger jet? It's not like they took out a stealth fighter or something.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life