Page 1200 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 118611961198119912001201120212041214 ... LastLast
Results 11,991 to 12,000 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

Maybe he has autism?

Does that ever enter into this? Not picking up on body language but being respectful when she says stop?

Maybe she's the monster? Picking on someone unable to read body language?

2. That "Grace" is using the term "sexual assault" to describe what was - by her own description - just a bad date is an insult to women who HAVE been sexually assaulted. I mean, Aziz is like 5'6" and 100 pounds. Most women could curl his skinny ass.

Seriously, if you read the original article, you can very easily see a woman plagued by poor decisions when it comes to the opposite sex, spun by a "journalist" who clearly had an agenda. I knew "Grace" was a flake when, early on in the article, she complained that Aziz offered her white wine, and "never even gave me a choice" to have red (lol). Also telling is the text she sent to her friend right after she finally left the apartment: "I HATE MEN." Not "Aziz assaulted me" or "Aziz was a jerk." Just a blanket statement about all the guys who ever just wanted to fuck her with zero interest in actually dating. I mean, she seriously called the date "the worst experience of my life." Boo-hoo.

If the account of "Grace" is to believed, it sounds more like they both made some poor decisions and just had a shitty evening as a result. No assault, no crime, nothing.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

There is something to be said for stupid shitty (white) women co-opting feminism as a tool for shitty self serving petty behavior.

But most only want to talk about it in terms of how shitty white feminist treat other female minorities. Its hard to get people to discuss it on a more general level.

It seems to just get hand waved away as "well, feminism isn't a unified front." and the discussion doesn't go deeper than that.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 17 Jan 2018 at 06:03 PM.

4. It can’t be had, because the risk there is white women could be told they don’t really belong in intersectional feminism. They’re an oppressor class like the straight white male. But the intersectional feminists can’t have that either, because their sworn enemy is the patriarchy. I guess they could add the matriarchy there too.

5. , m'lady.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That "Grace" is using the term "sexual assault" to describe what was - by her own description - just a bad date is an insult to women who HAVE been sexually assaulted. I mean, Aziz is like 5'6" and 100 pounds. Most women could curl his skinny ass.

Seriously, if you read the original article, you can very easily see a woman plagued by poor decisions when it comes to the opposite sex, spun by a "journalist" who clearly had an agenda. I knew "Grace" was a flake when, early on in the article, she complained that Aziz offered her white wine, and "never even gave me a choice" to have red (lol). Also telling is the text she sent to her friend right after she finally left the apartment: "I HATE MEN." Not "Aziz assaulted me" or "Aziz was a jerk." Just a blanket statement about all the guys who ever just wanted to fuck her with zero interest in actually dating. I mean, she seriously called the date "the worst experience of my life." Boo-hoo.

If the account of "Grace" is to believed, it sounds more like they both made some poor decisions and just had a shitty evening as a result. No assault, no crime, nothing.
    As I was saying in chat, unfortunately my biggest issue with the article is that it seemed the matter was handled internally - the girl asserted herself toward Aziz (via the post-date text message,) and Aziz seemed to exhibit remorse about misreading cues. It seemed very "sorry this didn't work out for us, have a nice life" sort of mutual thing. Done and done. But the article probes further, and insinuates that Aziz behaved in a highly immoral way. Not that I 100% disagree - he doesn't sound like a candidate for dream date - but, is this really "news?" It seems to fall under the tabloid quality of "Stars: They Are Just Like Us!" among the starlets holding Starbucks and leaving the gym, comes this pseudo Cat Person-esque story about a bad hookup with the famed Aziz Ansari. "Aziz: Just like Us! Kind of Bad at Sex!" If the situation occurred between the woman and say, a random guy she met at the gym - would this story even be acknowledged or interesting to us as a thinkpiece? It also asks a larger question about fame - do we hold stars to a higher standard than we do a layman? And, if so, why? Should we expect a familiarity and comfort with an individual who we've only seen via TV or movie? Any more so than a random we meet at the gym? I don't have answers for that, I'm just curious.

And as Dunlap pointed out, if it raises awareness on communication in tricky sexual situations, then I support the article. Ideally, I'd like to see the #metoo movement that would result in both men and women being more open and communicative with their sexual preferences (and the leading up to that!) But, I'm not sure if I see that happening anytime in the near future, though it may happen eventually. All in all, I think it was journalistically a bit thin and falls under the category of tabloid or gossip rag.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    As I was saying in chat, unfortunately my biggest issue with the article is that it seemed the matter was handled internally - the girl asserted herself toward Aziz (via the post-date text message,) and Aziz seemed to exhibit remorse about misreading cues. It seemed very "sorry this didn't work out for us, have a nice life" sort of mutual thing. Done and done. But the article probes further, and insinuates that Aziz behaved in a highly immoral way. Not that I 100% disagree - he doesn't sound like a candidate for dream date - but, is this really "news?" It seems to fall under the tabloid quality of "Stars: They Are Just Like Us!" among the starlets holding Starbucks and leaving the gym, comes this pseudo Cat Person-esque story about a bad hookup with the famed Aziz Ansari. "Aziz: Just like Us! Kind of Bad at Sex!" If the situation occurred between the woman and say, a random guy she met at the gym - would this story even be acknowledged or interesting to us as a thinkpiece? It also asks a larger question about fame - do we hold stars to a higher standard than we do a layman? And, if so, why? Should we expect a familiarity and comfort with an individual who we've only seen via TV or movie? Any more so than a random we meet at the gym? I don't have answers for that, I'm just curious.

And as Dunlap pointed out, if it raises awareness on communication in tricky sexual situations, then I support the article. Ideally, I'd like to see the #metoo movement that would result in both men and women being more open and communicative with their sexual preferences (and the leading up to that!) But, I'm not sure if I see that happening anytime in the near future, though it may happen eventually. All in all, I think it was journalistically a bit thin and falls under the category of tabloid or gossip rag.
    Oh, to be sure it's base, tabloid journalism...the article had a clear and ultra-biased agenda. Wow, Aziz is closer to being a real-life Tom Haverford than we thought! Gee, he's kind of pushy and creepy when it comes to trying to get laid, but in the end he'll call you an Uber when you finally say no! Not news, no.

Also, that article seemed to push that women are to be coddled and can't be expected to say "no," anymore; that it's all on the guy to double-check every two minutes to make sure she's still a willing participant. What happened to a woman being strong and letting the guy know in no uncertain terms what the deal is? I agree that there instead needs to be an open and equal channel between both parties.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Huge disconnect, you're right. And I keep bringing chat up (sorry) I just want to give proper credit to those who brought the idea to the table - IP said something about how it's so important in "kink culture" to have clear boundaries and consent, so why on earth do we consider ourselves this post-tinder sexual-free-for-all society when basic cis/straight sex can't even be negotiated properly? The fundamentals of sex and sexual interaction itself is very, very poorly managed by all genders. The power dynamics is a factor, as it can never entirely be separated from an experience. Yes, men hold more immediate physical power in most sexual interactions and that is a very real concern when you are alone with them. However, we either need to decide as a society that All Men Are Rapists and treat each and every man as a potential criminal (as some RadFems do) or we need to decide that All Women Are Powerless and Need to be Institutionally Protected (as some SJWs do,) or....somewhere in between that. We're struggling right now with which way the pendulum should swing, and neither extreme is a great solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Or we could accept we're prejudiced against men and move past that.

Sure, statistically men are stronger. And more likely to rape. Or murder.

So what? We no longer accept that kind of thinking around minority men. So why do we accept it around "men'? A 100 years ago some 19 year old girl could have accused a black guy of rape on the same grounds and probably got him convicted. The thought of that probably makes most of you sick, but here we are perpetuating that kind of thinking around men.

At what point do we hold women accountable? Shouldn't they be able to act as individuals? And size up each man individually? So instead of flying into hysterics over the "man" that is jacking off on the other side of the phone, they size up Louis CK the individual and just hang up on him?

Also:

"All Women Are Powerless and Need to be Institutionally Protected (as some SJWs do,) "

When did feminism get infiltrated by traditionalist, puritans and conservatives? This is a very very traditional perspective on women. The only thing progressive is the attempt to replace traditional male roles with the state. Have we really given up on women? This is the best we can do? "sorry gals, we can't improve your agency, but we can make sure you don't need a husband to pay the water bill. *high five*"

10. A lot of this nonsense would disappear if we dropped the idiotic puritan idea that children should be completely ignorant of sex.
    Having an entire society that's a decade behind in their knowledge of a basic biological function can't be healthy.