Page 1274 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 126012701272127312741275127612781288 ... LastLast
Results 12,731 to 12,740 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. bUT i DO WANT TO HAVE A SUPER MACRO DISCUSSION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE PLANET ONCE PRIVACY COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS

2. You know what? That's going to happen once in a while.

3. You mean the free aspects? And the most unrealistic part of that article?

Nothing gon be free here. And no one wants strangers molesting their shit when they're gone to work.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    bUT i DO WANT TO HAVE A SUPER MACRO DISCUSSION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE PLANET ONCE PRIVACY COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS
    I think our concept of privacy will change with it. "Privacy" may come to mean something different than we recognize it now, perhaps we will consider it a less invasive form of full connectedness, etc. I don't believe it's fully definable because we don't know what the status quo will be in 10+ years!
    I'm also assuming places that full privacy will be allowed to the rich, via "retreats" and maybe "disconnected" living spaces in high rises or something. It will soon be cheap and accessible enough to basically have the internet of everything, and everything will be connected, down to fruit you buy. Guaranteed, there will be some sort of division within the concept of privacy, where those who cannot afford it will get fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. How long do you think the concept of a rich person will last? We've had them nearly the entire time here.

6. Haha, I don’t think that will ever go away, we’ve always had a ruling class.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. I wouldn't be surprised if things went the other way, and future generations will see the constant exposure we have today as a horrible, maladaptive mistake.

8. That's realistic—there's usually a pendulum kind of effect to social movements. If there's money to be made in privacy there will always be that option I guess. Apple keeps your shit pretty private for the most part, but you pay $$$. The one thing that's good is how much cheaper and more accessible services will be for everyone. The floor keeps going down on those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

yeah, there are places in the world without power or running water but they have smart phones to trade goats with.

10. I want that app.