Page 1305 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 129113011303130413051306130713091319 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,050 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

Yep. People don't stop doing stuff because it becomes illegal. It just gets more dangerous.

I want to believe that pre legal gay marriage involved some sort of gauntlet.

3. Yeah so

I learned that same sex couples in both 1990 and 2000 had either their gender or martial status changed by the census bureau in order to comply with the federal laws at the time. So say you were one of the few couples in those years that were in civil unions or domestic partnerships and you submitted a census form that said you were married to your partner, the census would either change your gender (1990) or unmarry you (2000) and allocate you to another status. EVEN if it was legal in your state.

I was working with the data and it’s just wild to see in action. There’s just so much information that gets messed with on minor whims
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. How are you able to tell where they rewrote the allocation? Pretty dopey shit. What a waste of time.

5. Are DVD gems anything like rubygems? Can I do like:

Code:
    $ gem install clonedvd
    ??

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    How are you able to tell where they rewrote the allocation? Pretty dopey shit. What a waste of time.
    By a variable in the IPUMS database (organization for census data research) who determined it in a series of steps that I don’t 100% understand but there’s extensive documentation and stuff. I just worked with the finished product, not the re-labeling. But yeah I know right? Like the feds are going to do some dopey ass shit with this upcoming census too. Filling out the census is REALLY important for a variety of reasons but when people just get shuffled around it’s like aaaaa why did you waste all this time and money gaaahhghjblllahhhhh

7. In Canada we have the opposite problem. The census website crashed on the first day when it was reintroduced in 2016 (https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3563808). Our conservatives-types often hate it too though. Invasion of privacy yadda yadda. At least they weren’t skewing the data — they just didn’t collect it. No data is atleast better than bad data.

In my old roommate and friends backyard https://www.kuow.org/stories/multipl...theast-seattle

9. Yikes