Page 1289 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 127512851287128812891290129112931303 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,890 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Word. Adam Walsh was abducted literally 20 minutes from where I lived, and I ran all over the neighborhood without any supervision. NO WAY would I let my kids do that today.
    Parents are too informed. Children have actually never been safer, but its too easy to hear about every lost child now.

I got to play in the woods behind the farm house my parents were living in from like kindergarten to the first grade. There were asian fire ant beds back there about 4 feet tall and 9 feet wide. And old fridges with the child murdering outside handle locks. And about 2-4 different kinds of poisonous snakes. 2-3 types of poisonous spiders. Open water wells. Red and black wasps. And hornets as big as your thumb. I still remember going into an old trailer home that was out there in the winter, opening a closet door, and a 5 feet tall solid sheet of hibernating wasps hitting the floor. I've never exited a building as fast as I did that day.

Oh and snapping turtles. I found some of those out there and one bit my finger.

We moved around the second grade and it was about the same deal. Just a different part of the state. But I never saw any of those giant ant beds again. I did find one of those fabled gigantic brar patches though. Had to be 4 or 5 feet tall and as big as half a football field.

I got to wonder around town but it wasn't much fun because even then the town was mostly retired people. I also wondered around stores and the mall by myself from like the age of 10, onward.

oddly enough, I wasn't allowed to cruise when I got to driving age because by then we had the internet and my parents were made aware of pedophiles.

Or at least that is the lie they told me. It is more likely they didn't want me smoking illegal narcotics and getting some girl pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I also wondered around stores and the mall by myself from like the age of 10, onward.
    What did you wonder about?

3. He was wondering if any of them sold dictionaries

I think we all know I never wondered about that.

huh, wander is said with an o sound and wonder is said with a u sound.

I fucking hate english

wändər and wəndər. The vowels are shaped the same in in wonder, but not wander. Are you just learning this?

7. wander is pronounced with an ah sound.
    wonder does use a u sound though.
    but so does won. and ton. but not don. nor non.
    Cue the gallager bit!

8. Dude was taught English by Nell. What do you expect?

Go watch a video on why japanese say L and R interchangeably. The culture you grow up in impacts how you hear. I really have to focus to hear a difference in how she is pronouncing those words. If I wasn't trying, I couldn't hear it. On a normal day, they sound exactly the same.

dingle dang a gosh yahooley