Page 1152 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 113811481150115111521153115411561166 ... LastLast
Results 11,511 to 11,520 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    No, I've stated we won't stop losers from going out and harming people. I've been arguing that what we can do is limit the potential number of victims. I'm arguing the impact the difference between a bolt action rifle with a 7 shot magazine would make vs. a gatling gun.
    This seems like common sense to me. There was even an article a number of years back from a gun owner, about how limiting the magazine sizes, and these kinds of things would help lower how many lives are lost when something like this happens. I also read that in Japan you need to have a mental evaluation every 3 years I think it was to keep said gun. I think that's something that should definitely be added here. Some one may seem sane at 28 and by 36 be a complete nut job.

Also if people think it's so easy to modify guns, and magazines to hold more rounds and make them deadlier, than maybe that should include an inspection of all your guns every X number of years. We have to have our cars inspected every so many years, I don't see why people can't have their guns inspected as well.

I saw for the first 9 months of 2017 we've had 11,565 deaths in the US from shootings, that's far too many.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

The Gatlin gun thing will probably get sorted if that turns out to be part of the equation.

But the stuff you've said about clip size would have had no impact. He had 23 guns up there.

3. And considering it looks like he bought most of those legally that is another flag that should be allowed to be raised. If you want to own a few guns, sure, that's fine. But when you're out buying 20+ guns that should raise some warnings in a database that should exist.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

The database should make you uncomfortable. I mean, it doesnt, because you don't think you're on one. But it should. We're too eager for out government to make gestapo lists. Be it the no fly list, or lists related to homeland security and the Patriot act or your purposed gun list.

I would be ok with something like a cache file that is purged every six months and the timer resets with each purchase. So your uncle Dan isn't on a list if he wants to shoot rodents but someone buying piles of shit in one pass is.

But as said before, this wouldn't stop this guy or most gun related crime in the us. This guy had the money to buy this shit illegally. Or fly to Mexico in his two private aircraft. Or buy a lathe to make his own. Or to go around it all and build bombs, which he did and had ready.

Nor would it stop gangs that buy and sell illegal guns with sanded off serial numbers.

Your ideas won't do much of anything, but yeah, put in a temporary server cache to flag large purchases if that will make you feel better.

5. Well fuck it then, make everything legal because any laws won't stop crimes ever so why should we ever bother.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I'm actually surprised the nra has secretly pushed for a list. They feed off of the paranoia of white conservatives. They would make a shit load of money before the list went into effect. And then they could use the list for data mining to tailor advertising to customers. Someone like drew would wet himself for that kind of purchasing information. Your grandama likes to collect ww2 American rifles? How about Facebook banner ads for a gun safe with ww2 engravings? What about 25% off of this weekend's airshow, featuring ww2 aircraft?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 03 Oct 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Well fuck it then, make everything legal because any laws won't stop crimes ever so why should we ever bother.
    Maybe.

Maybe there is a third answer. Kind of like how the war on drugs doesn't help with illegal drugs but other countries have seen improvements by decriminalizing drugs and treating them like a public health issue?

I feel like we are unwilling to make the changes necessary for a third path. We won't allow better forms of healthcare. Or a public option. Or a less toxic male culture. Or take the stigma out of mental care for men. Or stop or discourage making movies and shows that glorify guns.

We're too eager to ban the things we don't like while wanting to eat the cake around them. We want football players to amuse us while staying silent about their problems. We want the guns to go away while we watch our heroes gun down nameless villains. We want bond to rape women in barns. I don't have an alternative for bond. We just like to watch him rape.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 03 Oct 2017 at 12:28 PM.

8. What the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Well fuck it then, make everything legal because any laws won't stop crimes ever so why should we ever bother.
    Isn't that one of the primary arguments for drug legalization?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    We have to have our cars inspected every so many years, I don't see why people can't have their guns inspected as well.
    I don't