Page 577 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 563573575576577578579581591 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

no more saturday morning cartoons on cable

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ete-67543.html

thats 50 something years of Saturday morning tradition, gone. I wonder if anyone will step in and fill the void with a streaming service? Pay 3.99 a month and build your own Saturday morning line up.

mix that with youtube fucking their own shit up and I can't but feel all

2. There haven't been Saturday morning cartoons here for well over a decade.
    I would imagine it's just the natural result of having networks that play cartoons all the time.

Wow, that article was laying it on a little thick. Kadewas right though, I have at least 5 channels playing cartoons almost 24/7. The magic has been gone for a while.

4. I could see the rage if it were the end of all cartoons. But like kedawa stated, there are entire networks devoted to cartoons.
    Things change Grandma, get over yourself.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    50 something years of Saturday morning tradition, gone. I wonder if anyone will step in and fill the void with a streaming service?
    www.netflix.com

6. Man, I miss that Spiderman/The Tick/X-Men Saturday morning block from back in the day. That rocked so hard.

7. YEESSSSSS

8. I just miss how saturday morning cartoons were so varied and diverse. Early in the morning, there would be these super old cartoons like The Mighty Hercules or old Tom&Jerry, and then it would just be all over the place, from fruity stuff like Care Bears, to violent action shows like G.I. Joe and C.O.P.S., to weird stuff like Kid Video and Droids.
    I find it weird that I was exposed to pretty much every cartoon that existed up until that point, while later generations only really got to see stuff that was contemporary, give or take a decade.
    It was like a four hour trip-out of over-stimulation and sugary breakfast foods.
    Last edited by kedawa; 28 Sep 2014 at 09:50 AM.

I remember how I could not get enough sleep on week days but my body would will itself awake at 6 or 7 am for those cartoons. Not tired or nothing. It was time for fucking transformers, or gi joe or teenage mutant ninja turtles or something like that.

I also love the variation back then. And all the big ideas. You could watch everything from intelligent humanoid animals trying to kill each other, people using science to catch ghosts, giant fighting robots, space aliens, mutants, talking ponies, fighting magic princesses, bears that shoot feels from their gut, super heroes, a girl that goes to the under world and hangs out with a dead guy, etc. So much crazy shit.

Now its all focus group shit about kids going to school or shitty dubbed anime for battle dragon biscuits.

Also, while I'm ranting, fuck John K. I kinda wish he was never allowed to do that one commentary track everyone holds up as THE commentary on 80s animation. That one that EVERYONE sucks his dick about. The one every know it all fag asspie on the web that wants to talk like an art snob uses to judge huge swaths of animation as garbage because John K didn't want to be told how to make cartoons, because someone at Hasbro thought Optimus prime NOT making fart noises or Slimer NOT sodomizing cats would sell more toys.

"but I wanna do everything like Bugs Bunny, but with fart jokes and big goofy asses" Shut up John K. Not everything can be Daffy Duck with farts and tits and dicks. Sometimes robots that are so awesome that I want to buy things are ok too.