Page 1280 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 126612761278127912801281128212841294 ... LastLast
Results 12,791 to 12,800 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I wish I saw this before last week.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    What a clusterfuck. This really eats at the church's credibility.
    So many religions disagree on certain things as well. One religion forbids gambling, another allows it. Who's right, who's wrong?
    "Do not kill" is universal. Anyone who murders in the name of religion is a hypocrite of the worst kind.
    Except, even the bible has religious killings.

3. People cherry pick the rules they want to enforce too. No gays but meh let’s eat pig and sea bugs. Confirmation bias at its worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Also the nt says all sins are equal. And puts lying on the same list of abominations as gayness.

I don't see anyone shooting up liars.

We probably should.

6. That's kind of stretching it.
    If you're referring to the passages from Matthew or Romans, Christ (or the Holy Spirit via Paul) is telling people that any sin puts you at enmity with God and in that sense they're all equal. Thinking about robbing a bank isn't as bad as robbing the bank, but it's still a sin and you need to pray for forgiveness. Lusting after your neighbor's wife isn't as bad as having an affair with her, but they're still both sins blah blah blah.

7. My neighbor's wife is almost 80 years old. It is bad either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That's kind of stretching it.
    If you're referring to the passages from Matthew or Romans, Christ (or the Holy Spirit via Paul) is telling people that any sin puts you at enmity with God and in that sense they're all equal. Thinking about robbing a bank isn't as bad as robbing the bank, but it's still a sin and you need to pray for forgiveness. Lusting after your neighbor's wife isn't as bad as having an affair with her, but they're still both sins blah blah blah.
    Nothing in the new testament compares or ranks sins. It's all about salvation and all are equal in keeping you from god. Blasphemy can be argued to be worse than all others because that line can be interpreted as blasphemy being unforgivable while the others all are forgivable.

God cares about your salvation. Not who wins the sin Olympics.

This is why so many people that actually read the nt loose faith. It paints a picture of a world where every good person in communist nonchristian China is in hell but Hitler could be in heaven if he found god in those last hours in that bunker.

9. There’s no official ranking, but there’s common sense. Both lying and murdering can keep you out of heaven. But the occasional liar is a better person than the occasional murderer.
    Hitler suicided, so no he couldnt.

10. SO CLOSE