Page 1310 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 129613061308130913101311131213141324 ... LastLast
Results 13,091 to 13,100 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. https://www.local10.com/news/florida...fake-alligator

florida ��

e: this trash software doesn't do emojis huh

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Far better the overlord that is greedy and lazy than the one that thinks he is saving the world.
    I’m sure the aren’t the only two variations.

It's a paraphrased quote you philistine.

4. we didnt see that episode of transformers.

5. The Peterson/Zizek debate was hilarious - it was so obvious that Peterson had never READ Marx past the Wikipedia entry. I am stunned, zizek absolutely crushed him. Peterson was a good sport though, I will give him that. But it’s quite clear that his knowledge is very particular and not exportable to a public outside of a specific subset of western males.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Peterson is an odd duck. He seems like a completely unremarkable university prof. with nothing particularly interesting to say, but he somehow managed to create celebrity out of the hysterical characterization of him in the media. I guess that's all it takes these days. If you're a MSM villain, you're somebody's hero.

It's very much the ability to piss off one's enemies and not about what you can actually do.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Peterson is an odd duck. He seems like a completely unremarkable university prof. with nothing particularly interesting to say, but he somehow managed to create celebrity out of the hysterical characterization of him in the media. I guess that's all it takes these days. If you're a MSM villain, you're somebody's hero.
    He’s a good public speaker. His recent responsibility stuff is kind of rote IMO. His lecture series on YouTube about personality and fables are quite good (his tear down of intelligence is probably his most damning).

Zizek won that debate for sure. Though they had a lot more in common than I thought they would. They both had critical and positive things to say about Marx/capitalism. I feel Zizek kind of debated to the topic much better though he never really explained personal fulfillment wrt tangible social betterment much. But they also didn’t follow up on their stances too much.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 22 Apr 2019 at 10:33 PM.

Marxism probably doesnt care about personal fulfillment.

Your mom doesn't care about personal fulfillment.