Page 1242 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 122812381240124112421243124412461256 ... LastLast
Results 12,411 to 12,420 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. You'd think that with the deteriorating economy, infrastructure, and [I had a movie spoiler here but god damn it I couldn't go through with posting it] that people would have more important things to get upset about.
    Guess not!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Social media was a mistake.
    Best post right here.

Edit: Chinese friend of mine who saw this also she said, "These people complaining are fed too well, and have too much time on their hands.."
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02 May 2018 at 12:05 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. The only thing cultural appropriation makes any kind of sense for is religious symbols imo. But even then it’s not like atheists would give a fuck. A red dress? Nah. I like that the girl stood her ground here. Oh also that most of the Chinese comments were positive and liked Chinese fashion being honoured.

Group integration in to broader society is progress. Not regression.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8330006.html

twitter still needs to burn, it seems
    How is this the gossip everyone is talking about?

Also Pew News is the only true news source.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

It's happened before.

6. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-0...s-cure/9744334

just in time for most of us jaded old dinosaurs, too

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

"I've made a huge mistake."
    When did Al Gore become the Dad from Dinosaurs?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-0...s-cure/9744334

just in time for most of us jaded old dinosaurs, too
    Eh, I'm used to having both a forehead and an aft-head at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Best post right here.

Edit: Chinese friend of mine who saw this also she said, "These people complaining are fed too well, and have too much time on their hands.."
    I would think that within the new definitions of oppression, racism, etc, it would be impossible for the world's super powers to "appropriate" anything from each other.

Even if it was appropriation, how bad should I feel for any culture with enough power to wipe life off the planet?