Page 1228 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 121412241226122712281229123012321242 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,280 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. hit me up with some population numbers to go with that.

You're being contrary. There were only slightly more Catholics. From the map below, the bible belt makes up almost half of the country.

Underestimating the size of the problem is how Trump got elected.

Attached Images Attached Images

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptis..._United_States

About 33 million Baptist in the US, with 16 million of those being southern baptist. Southern Baptist are the largest protestant church in the US.

4. I’m being contrary because the discussion warrants it.
    Wiki says there are 15 million southern baptists. Of those, how many are as hard core as the ONE guy that article mentioned over and over again? Conservatively, those 15 million account for less than 10% of the us population that identifies as christian. So yes, that constitutes a fringe element.

Largest protestant church in the US, SSJN. Largest.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    it is the fringe.
    They certainly weren't the fringe where I grew up, or where my parents did. They may be a minority, but they hold a lot of power in the South.

Around here Baptist churches are mostly for old people, the young people left ages ago. They are pretty much a joke of irrelevance at this point. The young people who are Christians mostly go to newer nondenominational churches.

8. I'm not sure if I've ever willingly heard someone call themselves bapist unless they were african american. However, the concentration of african american populations in the south would lead to me to believe that it's a freaking huge thing that we don't hear about too often because 1. black people and 2. the south. the numbers check out imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    They are. Not that they deserve it if they go partisan. It's great that endorsing a candidate can cause a church to lose TE status, thanks to the Johnson (LBJ) Amendment.
    Trump tried to scrap the JA. Not cool at all- thankfully, he failed.
    That's cute. He thinks churches don't endorse candidates.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Students getting disciplined over the 17 minute National School Walkout.

Source: CNN

One student, Amariah Matos, was told after class Thursday that she'd have to serve a 3 hour detention after school. Friday & Monday, also, for her & 35 other students at New York's Lindenhurst High. That's because they joined Wednesday's National School Walkout. Those 36 students had faced a 3 day suspension, but then thanks to the NY State governor's request, LH scrapped the punishment. Still, it's bullshit that they even thought to discipline the students.

SC's Greenville County School district said that it would reprimand 530 for doing the NSW. 200 of that came from the J.L. Mann Academy, & 180 from Maudlin HS. GA's Cobb County told students they could be suspended up to 5 days. At Walton HS, a lot of parents showed up to protest in their places. Campbell High had students doing the NSW in the parking lot at 10:00 AM. Students were threatened with being locked out if they didn't get back to class by 10:19, so they ran back in silence. Teachers had nodded at them, but were not allowed to show approval in any other way. In Kansas City, those who joined the NSW were told they could either attend a 30 min. detention after school or a post-spring break disciplinary meeting.

Nice way to show support for your students by punishing a just protest, fuckers. Whose side are you on, the NRA's?