Page 571 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 557567569570571572573575585 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. What a stupid fucking ad. The dude getting hit basically admits it was his fault for pulling out (he never had the right of way). Based on how it played, looks like the accident was going to happen anyway. The only difference would have been if it happened at 100 kmph (60 mph) or 10-20 less when factoring in braking. We don't even know what the speed limit was on the road the dude in the Nissan was driving. For all we know, he could have been going a few kmph above the posted speed limit, which is negligible in terms of being dangerous. Either way, dude pulling out was an idiot and was the true cause of the accident. Speed doesn't necessarily kill. Stupid drivers do. Real message of the PSA should have been: Pay fucking attention when driving, ESPECIALLY if you have a kid in the car.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Real message of the PSA should have been: Pay fucking attention when driving
    That was the message.

Mostly.

Well, kind of.

5. Drive slower so you can avoid stupid drivers more easily.

6. Russia gets the hero it deserves:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That was the message.
    Correct. "Other people make mistakes." That applies to both drivers, doesn't matter if you're doing the speed limit or not. I slow down when I approach non-light intersections because I never trust other drivers. I've watched way too many people fly through stop signs even with traffic going by to think it'll be fine just because it won't legally be my fault.

8. That lesson got burned into my thinking fairly indelibly over the time I rode a bike for a living. There is always chance and you can never sleep on human error.

I've occasionally heard cyclists imply wearing a helmet actually causes more reckless riding because you have a little safety net. It's not so. Percentage of fault means shit when you are 100% dead.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

Even if it was a safety net, it ain't bringing back your arms or legs.

10. This is why I will never ride a motorcycle and why my brother and father sold theirs. Swimming in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.