Page 1214 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 120012101212121312141215121612181228 ... LastLast
Results 12,131 to 12,140 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I think you meant to say they's quite young you ignorant bigot.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Nope. I work with a transgendered woman and happily call her they, but more often June as they’d prefer. Feel free to continue to be purposefully selective in your framing of us shitlords though.
    Whoops, this is my mistake--it was Andrew who was vehemently refusing to call someone by their preferred pronoun in that thing a while ago, not you. I went through my post history foaming at the mouth to find the post in question only to see it beside the blue slime guy, not you. Sorry, Drew!

3. It’s ok, both Andrews are pretty terrible so it’s easy to confuse them.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Whoops, this is my mistake--it was Andrew who was vehemently refusing to call someone by their preferred pronoun in that thing a while ago, not you. I went through my post history foaming at the mouth to find the post in question only to see it beside the blue slime guy, not you. Sorry, Drew!
    I don’t like government compelling speech with fines and stuff but I would never be personally unkind or advocate hatred of someone because of a harmless personal identity. I wouldn’t tolerate it on my teams either.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 Feb 2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Why would you call a trans woman they? Isn't the point of transitioning to be called 'she'?
    It depends on the individual.

A lot of this boils down to not being an asshole to new people you meet. It's (not) amazing so many people have trouble with it.

6. Yeah, it's fine to ask them what pronouns they prefer.

I can't wait until it becomes normalized in certain places and there will be bumper stickers on big ass trucks that say "IF YOU HAVE STUBBLE I'M GONNA CALL YOU A 'HE' - PRONOUNS ARE NOT A CHOICE!" or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yeah, it's fine to ask them what pronouns they prefer.

I can't wait until it becomes normalized in certain places and there will be bumper stickers on big ass trucks that say "IF YOU HAVE STUBBLE I'M GONNA CALL YOU A 'HE' - PRONOUNS ARE NOT A CHOICE!" or some shit.
    LOL. "If you were born with a penis, no amount of makeup or surgeries are gonna turn you into a woman!"

autism

9. It's a weird argument because it's invalidated by the possibility of some future gene therapy changing chromosomes. If you need a DNA test to tell someone's sex, just take them at face value.

10. Fe is closer to the truth than it may seem. Intolerance for different types of humans seems to be related to be related to germophobia and OCD. The underlying feeling isn’t just hate but actually literal disgust.

I read about this theory based on Hitler and how orderly the Germans behaved. Orderliness is one of the subtraits in conscientiousness, based on the 5 personality traits. The theory is that the body’s systems may influence behaviour, in this case the immune system is kind of “possessing” the mind. The language used by the racist/xenophobic often speaks about groups they dislike as germs and disease. It’s very creepy.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 04 Feb 2018 at 11:12 AM.