Page 1223 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 120912191221122212231224122512271237 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,230 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. That's going a little too far. Wait, make that WAY too far.
    Instead of revoking passports or locking people up for back taxes, the IRS should just sue to collect. Same goes for failure to pay child support. When someone's behind bars, how the hell can they pay?

2. They should just stop taxing ex-pats. There's a reason billionaires are rescinding their U.S. citizenship.

I could see them taxing for anything related to retirement like social security. But even then, there should be a streamlined process where whatever you give the current country for whatever their version of social security is, it is handed to the US gov when you move back.

Like, there should be a greater effort to "do no harm" and act in good faith with anyone making below $200,000 a year.

4. Mad Taiwanese waitress fired illegally by mainland Chinese boss at restaurant.

A waitress in Australia got fired by her mainland Chinese boss at a hotpot restaurant because she said Taiwan is not part of China. He asked her if it was. She answered "No, definitely not".
    If he wants to take his loyalty to Beijing this far then Australia should shut his joint down & send him right back there. Yeah, deport his ass. Sydney is not Beijing. That firing was illegal under Australia's fair work law.
    Source: New York Times
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 26 Feb 2018 at 12:21 AM.

5. School bus bully runs to school in rain as punishment.

Source: CBS New York
    This 10-year old boy got his school bus privileges revoked for 3 days due to being a bully, so his father decided to teach him a lesson.
    He made the boy run about a mile to school each day of the 3, following close behind in the truck. It was in the rain. This went on a Facebook video that got 1.6M views.

While putting the video on Facebook wasn't necessary, for bullying I'd say the punishment itself was just. Maybe it's gotten him to knock that shit off. The father said he's now hearing good things about his son's behavior in school.

6. I know this is going to spark the whole parenting debate again but Jesus. Maybe the kid is bullying other kids because his parents see abuse as an acceptable form of punishment? Then the father literally insults the entire audience of the article by telling people not to "get their undies in a bundle?" Yeah, that kid totally grew up in a vacuum. No idea where bullying behavior could have come from. Totally a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Public stoning for children, what could go wrong?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I know this is going to spark the whole parenting debate again but Jesus. Maybe the kid is bullying other kids because his parents see abuse as an acceptable form of punishment? Then the father literally insults the entire audience of the article by telling people not to "get their undies in a bundle?" Yeah, that kid totally grew up in a vacuum. No idea where bullying behavior could have come from. Totally a mystery.
    Are you suggesting that the kid's bullying behaviour was his way of trying to punish some other kid on the bus?
    Nothing about the kid's punishment is abusive.

9. dude, he had to <i>run</i>.
    In the rain.

That’s right up there with the wacko that chained his kids to their beds.

10. One mile? That's it? Rain? I hope it is acid otherwise it is just dirty water.