Page 772 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 758768770771772773774776786 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I just voted that I'm my own country now, does that mean I'm no longer part of the US?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. The republican process is that each of these states had senators, reps, etc. in the federal government. They did get their say, they were not cast out or whatever. In fact it was that representation in the system that kept us as a slave state far longer than we should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I think that, if a state wanted to secede, then an amendment to the Constitution can be set up to formally set up procedures to do so. That is the way our system of government is set up to work. A system of government that Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia, et. al. willingly signed on to. They tried to do it by force. They lost.
    Oh well, one group of old assholes agreed to a political system in 1817, and another group of old assholes wanted to leave in 1861, so lets have a war. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I just voted that I'm my own country now, does that mean I'm no longer part of the US?
    I'm cool with it. You don't get to participate any of our stuff though. Unless you become a diplomat of Bbobbastan. Then you might be able to do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Everyone knew that at the time.
    your money on a history degree and whatever else was ill spent. It doesn't take a lot of effort with google to figure out that there was a pretty big debate at the time over this. It was hardly "everyone knew that at the time"

6. The debate was the slave owners of the south saying "Yes we can" and everyone else saying "No you can't"
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. This thread sucks.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. The civil a war happened because cotton farmers didn't want to pay people to farm the cotton and the nation would have never survived through war, famine, etc. had states seceded at will and divided the strength of the union. Don't be obtuse.

Here now, let's talk about this 15 yo kid doing more work in his life than most adults, having the balls to get up and address the United Nations, calling out old people for being selfish & lazy, then following his stern scolding with a boss ass positive 'you can do it!' pep rally!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    the nation would have never survived through war, famine, etc. had states seceded at will and divided the strength of the union.
    Oh, the sweet notes of tyranny. "Its for your own good that I shore up my strength and power!"

10. Nothing tyrannical about wanting to keep people as slaves though, nosiree