Page 482 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 468478480481482483484486496 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

The TNL way

2. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    Child bullying victims still suffering at 50 - study

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27063715
    Haven't read the article, but I'm inclined to believe the header. Speaking from experience, I'm still fucked up and trying to process the bullshit I dealt with as a child. I'm getting better every day, but I still have my battles.

I had a bonding experience last weekend with someone I knew from my HS days. I explained the bullshit I dealt with and the answer I got was, "That explains EVERYTHING I know about you." Made me feel good because I knew I wasn't crazy (also confirmed via my therapist). I've just been conditioned based on the bullshit thrown my way. Bullying fucks up individuals in soooooo many ways. However, there is some control the victim has over whether they're going to let what happened to them be a crutch or something they learn from. I choose the latter. Any other choice would mean the asshole bullies won. Pick your battles, imo.

This part is true: "Those who were bullied frequently were more likely to be depressed and have suicidal thoughts"

Ding, ding, ding. Lord knows I've had my fair share. In fact, it takes you to a realllllly dark place. Really dark. Glad I have the support that I do. If not, I'd be in the news and not for good reasons.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 19 Apr 2014 at 01:31 AM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

I'm inclined to agree with the headline too. It conditions you. To this day, I still tolerate too much bad/shitty behavior out of women in my life because certain female family members conditioned me to think it was normal.

The things that happen to you as a kid set your perspective and internal biases. Even if you can step outside yourself and see that something is wrong, it is hard to undo.

5. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/ma...me-u.html?_r=1

Interesting article on the business of trailer parks. I'll be honest, growing up and living in a wealthy area, this is a world I do not know.

It's a world I knew all to well. On the one hand, the beginning of the article where the guy is talking about squeezing the extra cash from people who don't have it is disgusting. On the other, must of the local parks here would do well to have a larger corporate entity take over control, clean up the place and kick out the criminals.

Isn't the South Korean ferry sinking more serious than random news?

8. Fucking Jim Lahey.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

"news" site.