Page 1208 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 119412041206120712081209121012121222 ... LastLast
Results 12,071 to 12,080 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Also, those of you who were disciplined physically as a child, did you also attend church and pray and do the Christian thing too? Curious.
    Yep! There's a strong correlation there

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Also, those of you who were disciplined physically as a child, did you also attend church and pray and do the Christian thing too? Curious.
    I went to christian school and church with my parents till I was about 10. Like I said, I was smacked maybe 4-5 times growing up. A for instance is a time I put fake blood all over my wrists, pretended they were cut, and ran in freaking out to my mom. I saw the terror in her eyes and told her it was a joke right away, but I got popped. Only time my mom ever laid hands. I deserved the shit out of it, and knew it in the moment. I was probably 8-9.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Went to Catholic schools. Nobody in any of them ever hit a student. Parents gave up on hitting anyone when their few attempts just made their kids angrier. Then we all calmed down.

4. I don't have kids and I 'm not sure that I want em. But having watched other parents with their progeny from time to time in different environments, if kids don't fear you at least a little they will let you know it. Spanking should not be the first second or third resort but it should certainly be an option. Be their friend if you want but kids have to know the rules.

Are there other methods of instilling fear? Yes but they inspire healthy therapy bills. Or awkward visits from the police.

5. I don't know, it's hard for me to say that physical punishment is effective. It seems like a lazy solution.

"Don't do this or you might get physically harmed"

why does the end of that sentence have no other replacement? It's easier to do that than to have discussions, to show kids why they are wrong. "You were wrong so here's the belt", what does that mean? You aren't getting the belt later in life, and all you're doing is maybe passing that lazy punishment on.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm going to wreck some shit head 9 year old and it's going to be ok because I'll provide aftercare.

lol i mean that's not quite what i'm saying, but I think it explains SSJNs situation, somewhat. I mean, personally, I think there are some Freudian aspects to physical parental punishment especially when paired with the aftercare, but again - many situations are extremely varied and aren't easily defined and I'm not gonna say YO YOUR MOM CARED ABOUT YOU NOW YOU WANNA FUCK HER! lol. I'm not calling SSJN or other spankers/spankees masochistic either, I have absolutely no clue what his sexual preference is in that category, if any. But, I could see how the power dynamics in certain interpersonal scenarios may influence future behaviors and habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I don't know, it's hard for me to say that physical punishment is effective. It seems like a lazy solution.

why does the end of that sentence have no other replacement? It's easier to do that than to have discussions, to show kids why they are wrong. "You were wrong so here's the belt", what does that mean? You aren't getting the belt later in life, and all you're doing is maybe passing that lazy punishment on.
    No way do I agree with using hitting as a form of discipline, especially if a belt/paddle is used. Couldn't it backfire & make children more aggressive? A parent who is fucking pissed could go overboard.
    I had never been hit myself. Time-outs, grounding, or taking away some privileges for a time are enough. What parents should want is respect, rather than fear.

I don't have kids either & I'm damn sure I don't want 'em.

8. a parent who is fucking pissed shouldnt be spanking their kid, no.
    It’s no different than when dealing with a screaming baby. If you’re that emotional, let the baby scream and go to another room and cool down.
    If the kid made you super mad, be an adult and contain your shit until you can cool down. That’s when a different form of punishment really should be used.
    I dont understand why some of you are hung up on it like it’s a binary situation. “You either always spank or you never spank.” Despite it being stated several times that spanking is a special situation type of deal.
    I also don’t understand why some of you think you can reason with a toddler. Kids arent just short adults. Of course there are some Joshs out there. Like everything else in life it isnt a black or white blanket generalization situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I don't know, it's hard for me to say that physical punishment is effective. It seems like a lazy solution.

I think the thing some of you are missing is that some of these kids don't care what you have to say. They want the candy now. They want it before dinner. They want to break a window with it. They want to shove it up their brother's nose. And nothing you say is going to change their mind.

Sure talking is great but it's like you forgot that some children are stupid stubborn assholes.

10. I think you can prevent kids from being like that in the first place if you're a skilled parent, but people make mistakes, and once a kid is spoiled you can't talk them down from a tantrum, or reason with them to get them to stop doing something dangerous.