Page 1178 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 116411741176117711781179118011821192 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Seems like the kind of shit that bosses were pulling at holiday parties for the entirety of the eighties and nineties. Sounds like maybe she was a bit of a scold or something and he was trying to take her down a peg, which is always really fucked up when you look at how uneven the power levels are in that situation. He's ultra famous Al Franken, u.s. senator and former Stuart Smally. I don't think you get to take people down a peg when you're that far above them in a situation like that.

If he resigns, I hope it reinforces that men in power shouldn't be doing that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Franken like CK, has probably always seen himself as a loser. Even when they got fame, in their minds, they were probably still losers when it came to girls.

These guys probably really don't perceive the power difference. She's the powerful hotty with control over the hottness and he's the pudgy face dork that will never get to be or date someone that is hot. Or worse, he and men like him knew that they had gained power and decided to use it to finally taste that sweet hotness.

We do this to ourselves by making sex and sexiness into a product and a goal. Both as an industry to help women be hot and as an industry of things for men to buy so that they can attract hot women.

The sexbots can not come soon enough to ruin this dichotomy.

Also, I wonder how many of these offenses by different men were undertaken while on some form of upper that was drowning their brain in dopamine. What pushes men to do these things randomly, with years between offenses?

4. I don't think he should resign, but he should certainly be censured. Let Minnesota sort it out after that. If he wasn't a senator, I don't think I'd much care, other than it being a little gross.

But, if he's handed his walking papers, he should accept them gracefully.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I want Weiner back and he was actively pursuing teenage girls.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    He should probably resign. Problem is, worse people take his place, so I dunno. I’d rather have him there than the likely alternative.
    Who would take his place? Seems like a roundabout way to excuse sexual assault to me. The kiss was consensual but completely over the line of moral conduct due to the power dynamics. She never explicitly told him she wasn’t in to doing it and eventually acquiesced though.

But that situation coupled with the sleep groping photo? Bad scene. But it was in 2006. I say fine him but let him keep his position. (unless more women come forward)

I’d be fine w this causing him to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Franken like CK, has probably always seen himself as a loser. Even when they got fame, in their minds, they were probably still losers when it came to girls.

These guys probably really don't perceive the power difference. She's the powerful hotty with control over the hottness and he's the pudgy face dork that will never get to be or date someone that is hot. Or worse, he and men like him knew that they had gained power and decided to use it to finally taste that sweet hotness.
    Okay. Maybe? He could have just been nervous about the kiss, too. But that’s not her problem or in any way excuses the misconduct.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Nov 2017 at 10:54 PM.

7. I'm waiting to hear more on Franken, but this is definitely bad. If it turns out it was an isolated incident that he is contrite about then he should probably just be censured. But this almost never ends up being just one incident in which case he should resign.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

What gets into these guys anyway? What would possess a guy to argue a woman into kissing him?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    What gets into these guys anyway? What would possess a guy to argue a woman into kissing him?
    Hollywood romance tropes?

10. He knew she’d probably say no and didn’t like that?