Page 1185 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 117111811183118411851186118711891199 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,850 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

Extra Bitch

2. Supposing for a moment that Amazon even wanted to operate a mall toy store chain, why would they pay extra to resurrect Kay-Bee? Sure the brand has nostalgia value for 35+ year olds, but it doesn't mean anything to today's kids. They'd be better off just calling it Amazon Toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Oh no, obviously the Amazon brand is nowhere near as well known as KB
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Why wouldn’t they just buy Toys R Us outright?

From what I know of Toys R Us they actually get quite a bit of transactional traffic. For one reason or another they’ve had terrible debt and money practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Supposing for a moment that Amazon even wanted to operate a mall toy store chain, why would they pay extra to resurrect Kay-Bee? Sure the brand has nostalgia value for 35+ year olds, but it doesn't mean anything to today's kids. They'd be better off just calling it Amazon Toys.
    In that scenario, who has the wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Why wouldn’t they just buy Toys R Us outright?

From what I know of Toys R Us they actually get quite a bit of transactional traffic. For one reason or another they’ve had terrible debt and money practices.
    It would probably depend on what the ROI looks like and what their plans are for the future. Buying a brand would probably be cheaper than buying a brand+stock+large stores. Also, KB being known for smaller stores, they would be cheaper and easier to install them in various markets. They would also hold less inventory, perhaps making it easier to rotate with whatever the parent company knows is hot that season. If they leverage their technology, they could probably do big box store numbers through a small foot print.

You also have to consider what the future of malls might be and which brand would better fit in with that changing market. The US is moving away from the old 80s and 90s malls that are enclosed and instead building fake village like malls that look like downtown Disney or main street USA at Disney World. If they want in on that, KB might be more desirable. ToysRus did have small outlet stores at a few malls, but most considered them to be the worst of both.

7. I don't really see the need of retail toy stores, much less a chain. Is there really any toy you can't just buy online? It is not like you need to worry about the fit and finish. Maybe there is a demand for vintage or not-readily-available toys, but I leave it to mom and pop stores to fulfill that need and not a national chain.

That can be applied to just about anything.

9. The buying is only part of experience. Staring at a bunch of thumbnailed jpegs is not a direct replacement for standing in front of an actual display.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Why wouldn’t they just buy Toys R Us outright?

Because the KB brand is the most loved brand ever, no other brands compare.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.