Page 613 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 599609611612613614615617627 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Occasionally, cameras DO work. After all, this cop was instantly fired and is currently on trial (facing 20 years) for shooting multiple rounds for no reason whatsoever at a guy he pulled over for a simple seatbelt violation.

Thank fuck this was caught on camera. There's no way this cop would have gotten in trouble otherwise. Of course, it probably helped that what the cop did was totally and completely batshit insane.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Dec 2014 at 05:46 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. How 'bout restricting non-SWAT officers to tazers, bean bag guns and other non-lethal tech? How many situations are there, really, where lethal force is necessary in a world where those exist? (Along with drastically curtailing the circumstances in which SWAT is allowed to be deployed, but that needs to be done anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    And the mice are getting smarter. at least in the lab. Speaking of lab rats, where's Nomi?
    gotta be viral marketing for that live action pinky and the brain movie

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Occasionally, cameras DO work. After all, this cop was instantly fired and is currently on trial (facing 20 years) for shooting multiple rounds for no reason whatsoever at a guy he pulled over for a simple seatbelt violation.

Thank fuck this was caught on camera. There's no way this cop would have gotten in trouble otherwise. Of course, it probably helped that what the cop did was totally and completely batshit insane.
    Just for shits and giggles, imagine the Wilsonized story that would have come out had there not been a video. The dude he shot probably would have been wearing a shirt that said "fuck whitey" and tried to pull out an AK-47 after the cop politely asked him to put on his seatbelt.

5. Hey, something positive!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/us...=re-share&_r=0

“The state has not demonstrated a more prevalent, unique or different drug problem among TANF applicants than in the general population,” the panel said in its unanimous decision, using an acronym for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
    What I love about it is the last two paragraphs:

From July through October 2011 — the four months when testing took place in Florida before a federal injunction — 2.6 percent of the state’s applicants for cash assistance, or 108 of 4,086, failed the drug test, according to figures from the state obtained by the group. The most common reason was marijuana use. Another 40 applicants did not go through with the testing.

Because the Florida law required that applicants who passed the test be reimbursed for the cost, an average of $30, the cost to the state was $118,140. This was more than would have been paid in benefits to the people who failed the test.
    I remember arguing these potential results at the time with a friend. At some point I remember him saying, "No man, most people on welfare are druggies, they just flush before the test." And then he got mad when I said that the method of passing doesn't matter, just that they wasted money reimbursing and whatnot for people who do pass. He said it didn't matter, that the program would pay off, stuff about his hard-earned money going to drug addicts, and whatnot. He disappeared off FB a while back but I wonder what he thinks about having been 100% wrong.

Wow. I'm honestly surprised at those results. I don't mind being wrong in such a case, and I'd even be okay with eliminating Marijuana positives from the results.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Wow. I'm honestly surprised at those results.
    Surprised as in you expected a higher rate of failure for the tests or surprised it was even as high as it was? No pun intended.

I would have expected much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Eh, I'm not really sure that necessarily means it's a bad test

10. The test itself is fine, the implementation is stupid as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!