Page 1270 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 125612661268126912701271127212741284 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,700 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    The draft is something that needs to be chucked. Why not shut down the Selective Service System & give its employees new jobs? A military should be volunteer only. I'd rather not have it include people that don't wanna be there.
    Our nuclear weapons arsenal has made the concept of a draft mostly obsolete but I think there is some validity behind it, even if somewhat “unjust”. When a nation’s very survival is threatened, extreme measures may often be needed to rise against such a threat. Using the draft to get bodies to throw into an unjust war like Vietnam is an entirely different story though...

Nukes are almost a unusable though. Other than trump, no one really wants to use them because they make the conflict not worth it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Our nuclear weapons arsenal has made the concept of a draft mostly obsolete but I think there is some validity behind it, even if somewhat “unjust”. When a nation’s very survival is threatened, extreme measures may often be needed to rise against such a threat. Using the draft to get bodies to throw into an unjust war like Vietnam is an entirely different story though...
    The draft should be the mother of all last resorts. If the USA depended on it, like the USA being invaded by another country, then alright. For something like Iraq, no way.
    Nukes are good for deterrence by MAD. They're why no one does anything particularly brazen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Nukes are almost a unusable though. Other than trump, no one really wants to use them because they make the conflict not worth it.
    Nuclear bombs prevent conflicts from occuring. If they are ever used again, it could be earth-shattering but I don’t know if anyone would actually choose their nuclear weapons unless it was their only option, which is the whole point of a nuclear deterrent, to scare others from threatening your nation. The US and Russia have such an absurd amount of warheads and extensive ballistic delivery systems that it pretty much makes both countries uninvadable because you have to figure that either one of us would use them against a foreign entity threatening survival.

5. https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/us/il...cer/index.html

this one just makes my goddamn head hurt

Oh man.

That is a special kind of stupid.

8. Just because your American Flag t-shirt is intended by you as some sort of jingoist hate speech doesn't mean everybody's flag shirt is intended the same way. I can see why you thought that though, you hateful fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. You can't teach dumb.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just because your American Flag t-shirt is intended by you as some sort of jingoist hate speech doesn't mean everybody's flag shirt is intended the same way.
    Is that what that is?
    It bums me out, because I want to wear my culture as a costume.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!