Page 1181 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 116711771179118011811182118311851195 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    When I say jump, you say how high!
    But can it grope women?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Toys R Us files for bankruptsy, then asks to pay it's executives a $16 million bonus.

Best quote from the article:
    In the filing made with the court Wednesday the company argues the bonuses are necessary to get executives to perform at a high level during its bankruptcy.
    Yup. We need $16 million more to do the job that we already fucked up at our regular salary.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. The court should say, “Sure you can. After you pay your bills.”
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Maybe something good will come from all of this like ToysRus will be forced to sell the KB brand and we can go back to having smaller toy stores across the country again.

5. Yeah, that'll never happen.

KB, as much as I liked going there, was always the most expensive place to get stuff (unless there was a sale/clearance). Games had an automatic $5 mark up for instance.
    There's no way they'd be able to compete with Walmart/Target/Amazon.

Yeah, KB was only good because they ran it like shit. Everything was priced too high so that nothing was bought until it went to clearance. Good for us, but that's a terrible way to run a store.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, that'll never happen.

KB, as much as I liked going there, was always the most expensive place to get stuff (unless there was a sale/clearance). Games had an automatic $5 mark up for instance.
    There's no way they'd be able to compete with Walmart/Target/Amazon.
    You're kind of missing the obvious. Walmart or Amazon would probably be who purchased the brand. Amazon could use it to get into brick and mortar like they are about to do with whole foods.

lol at what Toysrus will probably ask for it, given that Kerry and his buddies beat the brand to death and ToysRus paid to bury it.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Yeah, KB was only good because they ran it like shit. Everything was priced too high so that nothing was bought until it went to clearance. Good for us, but that's a terrible way to run a store.
    I take it that neither of you realized that was a con? In the last 5 years, nothing was actually at full price. That was a con. Everything was already listed at 50% off, or get 2 for the price of 1. Shit would come off the truck already marked down.

9. Like a persian rug store?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're kind of missing the obvious. Walmart or Amazon would probably be who purchased the brand. Amazon could use it to get into brick and mortar like they are about to do with whole foods.

lol at what Toysrus will probably ask for it, given that Kerry and his buddies beat the brand to death and ToysRus paid to bury it.
    You have this silly idea like anyone actually gives a shit about the KB brand.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.