Page 1249 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 123512451247124812491250125112531263 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,490 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Are they waiting, or are they just not getting any action?
    I wonder how many people losing their virginity in their late twenties go on to have frequent sex, and how many end up not having sex again for years.

2. I think the “waiting versus not getting any action” would have to be covered in a different study, since there’s no way to measure that with the data used from the GSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. God just got blasted on #metoo. No one is safe!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Oh look, George Takei's accuser is almost certainly full of shit. #MeToo needs to come down on this guy like a ton of bricks, like, yesterday; nothing is going to destroy all the progress the movement has made like letting this kind of thing slide. I found this bit especially infuriating:

One activist I interviewed while writing this story told me, “If good people like George Takei get mistakenly swept up in the net of #MeToo, perhaps that’s a sacrifice they should be willing to make for the cause.”
    No they goddamn shouldn't you absolute fuckknuckle, not only because that's a reprehensible thing to suggest, but because it will do the opposite of work! Any high-profile accusation that turns out false will cast doubt on every legitimate one! Rrrraaaaaaaaaaagh!!! <alexjonessupersaiyan.gif>

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. #MeToo is a great movement that is unfortunately losing its efficacy with every false allegation that’s coming to light. The social justice angle worked when there were open secrets like Weinstein roaming around — stories that were easy to corroborste. The first chink in the armour was the Aziz scandal, because it wasn’t clear why the woman there didn’t assume any control over a pushy but ultimately relenting suitor. It’s unfortunate too because I liked the idea of the Weinsteins and Spaceys of the world eating crow.

A statement like that comment seems so absurd, but if you’re told to see people as members of victim groups it makes total sense — the individual has no rights, because the group is all you care about. Never mind that it’s morally bankrupt, promotes lying as an accepted social norm, and tarnishes the rep of a guy who has been an example of a positive gay role model for the last 15 years.

It has one pro going for it though: it’s the common ground of white suoremacists and social justice warriors.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 May 2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. So ABC cancelled the Roseanne reboot today after Roseanne Barr tweeted about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett:

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 May 2018 at 03:59 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Oh look, George Takei's accuser is almost certainly full of shit. #MeToo needs to come down on this guy like a ton of bricks, like, yesterday; nothing is going to destroy all the progress the movement has made like letting this kind of thing slide. I found this bit especially infuriating:

No they goddamn shouldn't you absolute fuckknuckle, not only because that's a reprehensible thing to suggest, but because it will do the opposite of work! Any high-profile accusation that turns out false will cast doubt on every legitimate one! Rrrraaaaaaaaaaagh!!! <alexjonessupersaiyan.gif>
    Yeah, it's fucking horrible, and continued shit like this will certainly take the wind out of the sails of the #MeToo movement.

Apparently George is letting this slide, which is commendable...I would have sued this motherfucker into oblivion.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So ABC cancelled the Roseanne reboot today after Roseanne Barr tweeted about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett:

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”
    Racist jokes are fine, but they better actually be funny. Otherwise you’re just being The Worst Person.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Racist jokes are fine, but they better actually be funny. Otherwise you’re just being The Worst Person.
    Yeah, I'm going to disagree somewhat. There's no way you can make a funny joke that involves comparing a black person to a monkey. You make that reference and you are the worst no matter what.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Bbobb is a damn dirty ape. Just sayin'.