Page 586 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 572582584585586587588590600 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

Yeah, we forgot everything the aliens taught our ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    (though I did enjoy everything about hockey except putting on the gear).
    Carrying all that shit home in the body bag after a game or practice was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah, just think, if not for some bullshit in our relatively recent history we'd have colonized Mars a long time ago.
    True story, 1930s Germany knew what gay and trans was to a fairly current level. The Nazi government banned and destroyed most of the research.

And the nazi controlled government knew smoking was bad and our government surpresed that for years.

There is no telling where we would be now IF we'd known being gay was ok as far back as the 30s and the issue wasn't used to charge modern voters.

Those Dark Ages tho..

One then the other.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah, just think, if not for some bullshit in our relatively recent history we'd have colonized Mars a long time ago.
    Like a reality show backed expedition?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Laugh Swedish traffic scofflaw drove 180 MPH in Switzerland, got busted for $829,000+

Speeding Swede clocks up world's biggest motoring fine after 180mph chase (Daily Mail UK)

Old news from 2010, but whatever. In Switzerland, an unknown driver's Mercedes SLS AMG valued at $225,545 was impounded and his license revoked after a 180mph chase. That's about 289Km/h or 2.5x the given speed limit of 115 Km/H (72 MPH).

So the fine of 650K euros, which is damn near $829,000 may be extreme. However, I sure can't sympathize with him. After all, the Swiss system based the fine on his income and the dangerous speed he traveled at. Serves that cocky SOB right. I bet his lead foot has become cold by now after such a costly lesson.

He used to be able to own older speed cameras because they couldn't clock over 200 Km/H. A later gen of radars able to clock up to 300 Km/h (about 186 mph) is what turned the tables.

World's largest traffic fine? Maybe. LMFAO.

8. This is thread worthy.

9. Scofflaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!