Page 625 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 611621623624625626627629639 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I want to see them show The Interview across Texas with big ass banners outside every theater inviting open carry and stating "bring it on, pinkos."
    <3
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. I will fly to Texas to watch it there. And I will rent a fucking gun.

Edit: You can rent guns in Texas, right?

3. Sony should just put it on television and airdrop DVDs on NK.

4. I can't imagine a company having a worse Christmas than Sony.

How would this country act if England made a movie about assassinating the current US President?

6. Best comment I've read on the topic: "We lost an internet battle to a third world country that is darker than the moon on the map at night. Rock on."

7. Les Baugh lost both of his arms over 40 years ago in a "freak" electrical accident. Now, in this footage, we get to see him doing everyday things he hasn't done for decades, courtesy of not one but two robotic prosthetic limbs.
    The video, which we saw on the Deus Ex Facebook page (of course), is just incredible. Not only in terms of the changes this will make to Baugh's life, but just the fact he looks like something straight out of science-fiction.

Les' arms were made by the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Because they're attached directly to nerves in his shoulders, he operates them simply by thinking, as though they were the same arms he'd been born with (though he does have to shift each section of the arm one-at-a-time before "resting").

If I were he, I would wear long, skin-colored sleeves all the time. Then, I would walk up to people and slowly remove my right sleeve while saying "listen to me very carefully."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Well it's interesting because will anyone really see it now? Maybe far less, but everyone will know WHAT it is. They won't be giving Sony any money though.

Pretty sure if Sony could go in a time machine, they'd never touch this.

10. Um, it was never going to be commercially released in NK to begin with, regardless of the content being offensive to the regime - as the article said, they don't allow ANY foreign movies. Hell, the article quoted an escapee whose life was changed by watching a black market copy of Titanic. Think about that. How much does your society have to suck for THAT to give you some awe-inspiring epiphany about the joy of freedom?

As for the rest of the world, I suspect Sony is going to make way more money in the long run* than if this whole thing had never happened and the movie released peacefully according to plan, then quickly faded into obscurity. When they release the DVD, tons of people are gonna buy it purely as a fuck you to these terrorists.

*At least on this particular movie; there's no telling how much money the public release of so much of their private, internal communications unrelated to The Interview is going to cost them in the long run, particularly if it forces their hand in selling Spider-Man back to Marvel, as many are speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids