Page 1318 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 130413141316131713181319132013221332 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,180 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. If he wants to share his tales of sexual malfeasance with us, I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's probably no worse than what we speculate it to be.

2. I'm kinda surprised at all the "I'm not surprised" comments. Granted I only met him once and had little online interaction with him- but I don't recall anyone having ill will towards the guy previously.

3. I never had any issue with the guy, but there were rumors going around before this blew up, and I'm never surprised when someone in the FGC does something sketchy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm kinda surprised at all the "I'm not surprised" comments. Granted I only met him once and had little online interaction with him- but I don't recall anyone having ill will towards the guy previously.
    Never met him in person, but I've always gotten a weird vibe off of him online. Not specifically a rapey vibe, more of a sketchy/creepy one.

I also recall he turned some heads back when he posted asking for help paying rent while he was out buying new PS4s and whatnot.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 15 Aug 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I have no idea if he reads this or not but whatever. I like Bahn, I never knew him exceptionally well, but he seemed fine as things go. Though to be perfectly honest, it doesn't surprise me when any dude in the gaming community is outed as a creep. Gaming (and anime, and most nerdy pursuits) are a haven for men who are really excellent at stomping all over women's boundaries. There are enough accounts of his actions to indicate that he has been operating like this for some time, and I'm sorry that the victims felt they had to be silent for this long. His behavior is inexcusable. He should absolutely be ousted from whatever organizations deem it necessary.

I'm not loving the "let my wife take the wheel while I assume victimhood" posts. I don't think it's fair to use your wife as a shield for this. Therapy is good, but there needs to be a willingness to assume responsibility for very, very fucked up actions. This includes responding to your victims, facing the comments, and truly making an effort to understand their experiences and why further burden on your wife is a really bullshit thing to do. I wish that Bahn would be able to break the mold of abusers and face this challenge with a willingness to work with the victims. But, it seems like the "vague apology and disappear" route is de rigueur for the #metoo era. So....idk. I hope that his wife and daughter are able to also receive the help they need to get through this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Probably a bit of a telltale heart that I've seen tons of Bahn's posts and photos go through my FB feed over the years and my initial reaction is, "Hold up, he has a wife?"

(Not in a "...that loser?" way or anything, just that literally I have never seen her photographed or even mentioned in passing in his posts.)
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 15 Aug 2019 at 08:55 PM.

7. I had the impression that he was a single parent when he was trying to raise money.

8. it seems like current wife isn’t necessarily baby momma.

9. He’s been a single dad in the past, but if he got a sugar momma then that explains him keeping at the photography job. I didn’t know he had a wife.

I had good interactions with him long ago but we fell out of contact. I’d echo satsuki’s comments.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I have no idea if he reads this or not but whatever. I like Bahn, I never knew him exceptionally well, but he seemed fine as things go. Though to be perfectly honest, it doesn't surprise me when any dude in the gaming community is outed as a creep. Gaming (and anime, and most nerdy pursuits) are a haven for men who are really excellent at stomping all over women's boundaries. There are enough accounts of his actions to indicate that he has been operating like this for some time, and I'm sorry that the victims felt they had to be silent for this long. His behavior is inexcusable. He should absolutely be ousted from whatever organizations deem it necessary.

I'm not loving the "let my wife take the wheel while I assume victimhood" posts. I don't think it's fair to use your wife as a shield for this. Therapy is good, but there needs to be a willingness to assume responsibility for very, very fucked up actions. This includes responding to your victims, facing the comments, and truly making an effort to understand their experiences and why further burden on your wife is a really bullshit thing to do. I wish that Bahn would be able to break the mold of abusers and face this challenge with a willingness to work with the victims. But, it seems like the "vague apology and disappear" route is de rigueur for the #metoo era. So....idk. I hope that his wife and daughter are able to also receive the help they need to get through this.
    You're making the huge assumption he or people like this are 100% mentally healthy.

If they have some sort of social development disorder, they probably don't even see the boundaries. They might not be able to read faces. And if they are ugly or socially awkward, no one might ever find them attractive so they have no idea what a green light looks like. Or, again, they can't read faces so they have no idea what a green light looks like.

Anime and games attract broken or less than well people like this because social interaction is scripted and telegraphed in. They understand it better than people and feel less anxiety.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of TV is actually bad for social development because much of it lacks non verbal social ques.