Page 1268 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 125412641266126712681269127012721282 ... LastLast
Results 12,671 to 12,680 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. What the tl;dr?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 25 Jun 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Why did Constantinople get the works?

3. That's nobodies business but the Turks.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Macron will bring back national service for 16-year olds in France.
    I'm not totally against this idea. Three months of some kind of service is fine.
    Before that 3 months, participants have to live together for 1 month. Dorming with a bunch of total strangers? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the above CNN article
    During this time their activities could be related to defense and security in the army, police, gendarmerie, fire service, or civil security; accompanying and helping others; helping preserve national heritage or the environment; or tutoring.
    I'd pick helping others or tutoring.

5. Compulsory service is a great way to increase nationalism in a population.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Macron will bring back national service for 16-year olds in France.
    I'm not totally against this idea. Three months of some kind of service is fine.
    Before that 3 months, participants have to live together for 1 month. Dorming with a bunch of total strangers? No thanks.
    I love the idea of someone who endorses government compelled military service but hates the removal of individual comfort and privileges that idea causes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I love the idea of someone who endorses government compelled military service but hates the removal of individual comfort and privileges that idea causes.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be military service. It can be civilian service.

I love the idea of someone who endorses government compelled civilian service but hates the removal of individual comfort and privileges that idea causes.

9. If you give the government a pass to compel you to service you’re essentially killing the right of the individual.

Think of all the crazy shit Trump might ask you to do and you don’t believe in his ideology. Nah — this isn’t a good idea and you should stop advocating for the degradation of rights it took humanity millennia to obtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    If you give the government a pass to compel you to service you’re essentially killing the right of the individual.

Think of all the crazy shit Trump might ask you to do and you don’t believe in his ideology. Nah — this isn’t a good idea and you should stop advocating for the degradation of rights it took humanity millennia to obtain.
    Right. Trump could easily ask you to do stuff in support of his own agendas. Not so good.