Page 1134 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 112011301132113311341135113611381148 ... LastLast
Results 11,331 to 11,340 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. What are our feelings about Pol Pot as a group?
    Boo, Hiss.

3. The more I hear about the guy, the less I like him.

4. How exactly did he think abolishing cities and everyone being uneducated farmers was going to last? Even the agricultural Angkor Empire he idolized had impressive urban centers.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

why do any of those communist fucks do it?

6. Their intentions are often rooted in a genuine desire for equality, but in the hunt to stomp out inequality they fail to acknowledge the role individuals play in healthy societies, how wealth distributes based on natural laws of hierarchy and end up trapping everyone in an overly ordered group identity.

The Soviets used this group identity to pit the victim class against a boogeyman privilege class. Sound familiar?

7. Wealth and economics do not correspond to any "natural law" and the belief that they do is one of the most harmful fallicies that is widely believed. Economics are, by definition, a surrogate or workaround to natural law and only behave predictably within conditions they themselves preconscribe.

8. Natural law would be that you own what you can defend.

9. Another fallacy, as most humans have been cooperative animals. Even the systems that are used to argue against that idea, like feudalism, capitalism, communism, depend entirely on that fact.

10. there isn't really "natural law" that is a blanket concept that works for every society, as every society is dealing with its own set of circumstances. In very small tribal societies, tribalism and "communist ethics" have thrived for thousands of years. In larger societies, not so much. It's very much dependent on a variety of factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread