Page 1107 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 109311031105110611071108110911111121 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,070 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Until the newest generation of libs, it was mainly the right that wanted to oppress others.
    I think the point is supposed to be that people who are considered to be pretty solidly conservative OR liberal are going to be intolerant of the opposite side. It isn't about oppression.

The article misses the problem with all of this, though: There are salient points to be had across the board, outside of the crazy outliers. As a result of the bias one way or the other, though, people who aren't solidly in one camp or another find themselves reticent to acknowledge those points.

Like, if I acknowledge that conservatives might be onto something with the excessive regulation concerns then to solidly liberal people I'm some kind of Donald Trump level, laissez-faire corporate shill. Similarly, if I express my feelings that we're probably contributing to the rising temperatures and can probably take some reasonable steps to avoid that, then to solidly conservative people I'm a Greenpeace hippie.

Libertarians are getting pretty shitty about the intolerance stuff, too. If I point out that we, as a society, do have some level of responsibility to reasonably care for the less fortunate (whether you want to call it a safety net or taking my hard-earned money) I'm a boot-licking statist.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    You guys do realize "SJW" has been overused to the point of meaninglessness
    Yeah, the second someone says something about their disdain for SJWs they are filed under the "about as useless as people who deride hipsters" group in my brain. Get over it. People are going to be LITERALLY STILL SHAKING for a long time.

Note: I'm exempt from that indifference because I'm me and hypocrisy is a virtue.

Like I said, it is a false equivalence. And assumes intolerance is binary.

If conservatives are intolerant, minorities are oppressed.

What happens when classic liberals are intolerant? Corporations pay more taxes? I'm really drawing a blank here. The only oppressive thing u can think of is the long standing intrest in banning guns. Religious conservatives took game and music banning from the left in the late 90s.

This all goes out the window with young Westcoast lib kids that are sick of the rights shit.

I mean, the right ' intolerance is going to see the plan it ruined. The left is going to take my money and guns.

So death or theft. Man, totally the same.

It is the phone. I have not had a stroke just yet.

5. If you think black people or gay people are lesser beings or if you're a fucking nazi why in the fuck should I be tolerant of that?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Religious conservatives took game and music banning from the left in the late 90s.
    You're just making shit up. Go read Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association and let us know who the key players were, which side of the aisle they came from, and what year it was.

I could but you'll just say the California republicans aren't real republicans

8. California rednecks are exactly the same as Georgia rednecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

They probably have better stores to shop at.

I mean, this is amazing. Right? https://iamili.com