Page 1294 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 128012901292129312941295129612981308 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,940 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. GM closing is the death nail of the American middle class. What absolutely moronic short term thinking on the part of GM. Press F to pay your respects to the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    GM closing is the death nail of the American middle class. What absolutely moronic short term thinking on the part of GM. Press F to pay your respects to the USA.
    The American middle class has been dead for 15 years
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. good thing we, the taxpayers, bailed them out

I believe one of the conditions was that they make more energy-efficient vehicles, like the Chevy Volt, which I hear they are scrapping in favor of SUVs

4. Didn't sell. GM has been a poor investment since the 00s. They often trade on speculation -- fancy sounding products that never materialize just to short boost their stock. They wanted to partner with Google a few years ago on self driving features. Once they realized Google wanted to continuously deliver and maintain the service to learn rather than create the feature just to check a box and hold a press conference that would boost their stock the partnership never happened.

Fuck that whole type of product ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. maybe they can use their tax cut money to save the jobs

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    good thing we, the taxpayers, bailed them out

I believe one of the conditions was that they make more energy-efficient vehicles, like the Chevy Volt, which I hear they are scrapping in favor of SUVs
    The Volt is more of a hybrid, since they now have the full electric Bolt, the Volt is no longer needed in their line-up. Plus, sedan sales are declining pretty substantially over the years so they need to reposition their lineup to be more crossover focused. I am not sure why the plants aren't repurpose to build them instead of sedans but maybe they are anticipating an economic downturn after years of easy credit under Fed's QE.

7. Would argue that hybrid cars continue to be relevant, electric isn't very practical in a lot of places as of yet and it definitely is impractical for some use cases.

There are no electric taxi cabs, but damn near every one of them is a hybrid now. Heavy use demands gasoline.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 27 Nov 2018 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. So Detroit will officially be ghost town? Cool.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. So apparently Neil deGrasse Tyson is the new Bill Cosby? Please say it ain't so!

10. I FUCKING KNEW IT

Seriously, one look at that guy and how he talks to others and you KNOW he is on an ego trip. I mean I know we shouldn’t rely on “intuition” to keep us away from creepy people, but there was always something about this dude that rubbed me the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread