Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008 [-Official-]

1. Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008 [-Official-]

Same as the last one except:

-They added 400 more cards boosting it up to over 2000 total.
    -Tag duels
    -Tournament Mode
    -A new story mode
    -According to gamefaqs (yeah I know) they've been keeping a closer eye on cheaters to keep the leaderboards clean.

Yeah so basically if you like the card game and don't feel like buying cards anymore or have 30 bucks to spare get it. Its good at what it does.

My only main gripe is that the new story mode sucks they shoulda left it out and used the memory to add more cards.

Tournament mode is fun sorta, and the tag duels suck its not how you think basically its like 4 decks on 1 field, yeah it sucks. Theres videos on youtube if you wanna check it out.

And playing online kinda sucks cause most people when they start losing will disconnect on you and you don't get the win. Which let me tell you is alot more annoying than it sounds.

BTW everyone knows grinding for DP sucks so some guy at gamefaqs has been posting phony ghost data with 65,000+ ranking. The ghost only has 1 card in his deck so you just start a match with him and you automatically win and get a shitload of extra DP which helps alot. The ghosts name is Merry Christmas in case anyones interested.

If anyone has this gimme a holler and lets get some matches going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. Arg, I need $30! This will make me get my DS out of retirement.

3. hmm...i haven't played one of these games since 06. maybe i'll pick it up this time around.

4. My complaint about hte series is look, there's already some jerk with an over the top datafile online. As for cheaters, i doubt they'll be any more viligilant than last time. fuck that.

5. Find someone with a DS and transfer your old deck from 2007 to 2008? Had some good times playing 2007 with Marskitten, Genki, and Kuro online, though. I hope with the addition of the story mode there'll be no other Yugioh games till next year. It was pretty dumb getting Spirit Caller and seeing 2007 come out a couple months later!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Arg, I need $30! This will make me get my DS out of retirement.
    yessir.

Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    hmm...i haven't played one of these games since 06. maybe i'll pick it up this time around.
    Like I said if you like the card game you'll like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    My complaint about hte series is look, there's already some jerk with an over the top datafile online. As for cheaters, i doubt they'll be any more viligilant than last time. fuck that.
    But from what i've seen they have been keeping a closer watch on the leaderboards though most cheaters get deleted quickly. Merry Christmas just keeps posting his ghost up for anyone who wants to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    Find someone with a DS and transfer your old deck from 2007 to 2008? Had some good times playing 2007 with Marskitten, Genki, and Kuro online, though. I hope with the addition of the story mode there'll be no other Yugioh games till next year. It was pretty dumb getting Spirit Caller and seeing 2007 come out a couple months later!
    lol yeah but i tried to connect my 2007 to my 2008 via my bros DS but it wouldnt pick up the signal either way i tried. In hind sight though maybe i was doing it wrong cuz not making it compatible with '07 would be a big mistake. But so far I haven't been able to connect them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. I love CCGs but I've never played Yugioh irl or in videogame form.

What's a good DS or GBA yugioh game with a neat story mode that I can pick up for cheap?

'cause I've always wanted to give it a try you know.

8. i'm not sure if one with a story mode would be a good idea. i say try one of the yearly releases that are strictly focused on the game like 06 and see if you like it.

are they still doing the duel puzzles and stuff like that?

9. The puzzles start in the second world of the story mode, which, by the way, isn't even a story mode. It's just a flashier way of selecting who you need to duel twenty times to progress further. With a mid-boss and a boss thrown in to keep you on your toes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I love CCGs but I've never played Yugioh irl or in videogame form.

What's a good DS or GBA yugioh game with a neat story mode that I can pick up for cheap?

'cause I've always wanted to give it a try you know.
    How low are you looking for? Is $13 shipped low enough? Cause you can get 2008 itself on ebay for that price here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130185265008

The best part of buying a Yugioh game is the prices drop pretty fast on ebay since everyone that plays the TCG ends up buying multiple copies of the games just for the cards they pack in with each game. Hell, my brother bought 6 copies of Yugioh Tag Force 2 a couple of months ago just for the cards (we had no PSP and it was during the TRU buy 2 get 1 free sale)! That game was worthless right when it came out, especially since it has no infrastructure online play. I couldn't even sell them for $10 shipped on ebay and the game was barely a month old.