View Poll Results: Which console warrior are you!?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBOX360

60 62.50%
  • PS3

21 21.88%
  • PC

11 11.46%
  • screw SF, not 16 bit enough

4 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 1149 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Ultra Street Fighter 4 Turbo Alpha Gold Championship Edition'

1. I like that they're rolling down the street in the video, and the background turns with 'em.

2. Eh, he could put references to SF3 chars by adding similiar chars. Tommy instead of Alex, Makoto's dad etc. Not his fault that SF2 is more popular then 3.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tigana View Post
    Eh, he could put references to SF3 chars by adding similiar chars. Tommy instead of Alex, Makoto's dad etc. Not his fault that SF2 is more popular then 3.
    But it is the fault of him and his team for making a numbered sequel that moves backwards while pandering to audiences that might only remember SF2 in a pathetic bid for the mainstream audience. This could have been SF Beta or some shit. That's not too much sillier than "ultra moves" but the main series number makes people who wouldn't otherwise care think this is some kind of a big deal. That bothers me.

Really, I didn't expect we'd see a lot of SF3 characters (definitely not most of them) even if it was a real sequel, but what I did want to see is some SF2 characters having significantly aged in the time after they were out of the picture in SF3. Certainly not "as much of the SF2 cast as possible" or whatever shit Ono said. Some SF2, some SF3, and many new. I guess I'll settle for drawing grey hair on everyone in MUGEN.

4. I hate all the old Street Fighters, I can't stand to play any of them. Well I can stand some Alpha 3, but that's about it. I just could never find a character I actually enjoyed playing besides Ryu and Ken.

5. They said on 1up there's not going to be a ton of characters because it's confusing to people who are overwhelmed by a bunch of faces on a character select screen.

They also said the original 12 SF II guys are coming back, and there would be a couple of new characters too. But they said there weren't enough females in the original cast (ie. 1) so expect them to be chicks.

That to me says there aren't going to be a bunch of wish-list guys from SFIII or obscure character story references. It'll be like - "Yuki! She's a spunky 16 year old Japanese girl in an improbable vaguely fashionable outfit composed of random pieces of clothing. Her martial arts style is GENKI SUGOI. Also, she is an assassin."
    -Kyo

6. i just want cammy, please dont ruin cammy by making her look like some fat bitch.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    They said on 1up there's not going to be a ton of characters because it's confusing to people who are overwhelmed by a bunch of faces on a character select screen.

They also said the original 12 SF II guys are coming back, and there would be a couple of new characters too. But they said there weren't enough females in the original cast (ie. 1) so expect them to be chicks.

That to me says there aren't going to be a bunch of wish-list guys from SFIII or obscure character story references. It'll be like - "Yuki! She's a spunky 16 year old Japanese girl in an improbable vaguely fashionable outfit composed of random pieces of clothing. Her martial arts style is GENKI SUGOI. Also, she is an assassin."
    To clarify, 1Up is making educated guesses at this point based on some of the things Ono told them. There is no official word on the complete roster of characters, how many is still uncertain. They think a smaller cast would be less intimidating for new players. They were told they are making new characters but don't know how many and that they are working on female character designs. Funny because the artist doing the characters doesn't like drawing women.

They first saw the game in the middle of September, I remember if they said when they saw it the second time with Dhalsim and Chun Li in. I think Capcom sent them the footage recently, no telling when it was captured though.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 29 Dec 2007 at 02:51 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    But it is the fault of him and his team for making a numbered sequel that moves backwards while pandering to audiences that might only remember SF2 in a pathetic bid for the mainstream audience. This could have been SF Beta or some shit. That's not too much sillier than "ultra moves" but the main series number makes people who wouldn't otherwise care think this is some kind of a big deal. That bothers me.

Really, I didn't expect we'd see a lot of SF3 characters (definitely not most of them) even if it was a real sequel, but what I did want to see is some SF2 characters having significantly aged in the time after they were out of the picture in SF3. Certainly not "as much of the SF2 cast as possible" or whatever shit Ono said. Some SF2, some SF3, and many new. I guess I'll settle for drawing grey hair on everyone in MUGEN.
    Um, SF2 is more popular then SF3, there's a reason Udon started with SF2 comics in America and not SF3. Why is the Dynasty Warriors series so popular in Japan, with the same exact cast every time? The target audience he's going for does not like change one bit on their character roster(additions and moidifciations are fine, removing characters is a big nono).

I really don't understand the qqing about the number at all. Does it matter at all? And in all honesty, do you think other people wanted to play as SF2 characters in their fifties? I surely don't. I'd rather have them make up a brand new cast instead of that.

9. I never questioned that SF2 is more popular than SF3. I'm saying it's shitty that they want to make SF2 again in 3D because that's all people will buy, and they call it SF4 even though it's a "between" game. SF Alpha should have been called SF3 with that logic. Shame on the players and shame on Capcom. Oh well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tigana View Post
    Why is the Dynasty Warriors series so popular in Japan, with the same exact cast every time? The target audience he's going for does not like change one bit on their character roster(additions and moidifciations are fine, removing characters is a big nono).
    You do know the cast of that series has been established for like two millennia, right?
    -Kyo