View Poll Results: Which console warrior are you!?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBOX360

60 62.50%
  • PS3

21 21.88%
  • PC

11 11.46%
  • screw SF, not 16 bit enough

4 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Ultra Street Fighter 4 Turbo Alpha Gold Championship Edition'

1. No, I do not share your opinion that the charecter models are tobig in this game, I don't think they are a little tobig.

They're just ugly. And the backgrounds are awesome the rolling background is a cool idea, but everything about this game at the moment needs to be seen in action. I'm still looking forward to this game and have some expectations for it though.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I'm all for being negative about some of this stuff, but isn't this really, really premature?
    I was just kidding around.

3. there no uglier than the previous street fighters, i think that was the orginal point of the game. From backgrounds to the models of the character models, to the overall story, everything is supposed to be overdone. Street Fighter is the Burnout of fighting games, and the look of the character models show in the style of the game. Each character is ment to be a dramatic representation of that type of fighter, Sagat being that Thai kickboxer and Guile being the special forces charecter so on and so fourth.
    Last edited by Granderoho; 31 Dec 2007 at 12:14 PM.

4. Street Fighter 3 was beautiful without losing those respects, and so they decide to go back to being ugly?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Granderoho View Post
    Street Fighter is the Burnout of fighting things, ...
    What?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Street Fighter 3 was beautiful without losing those respects, and so they decide to go back to being ugly?
    Well the creators of SF don't like to say it, but SF2 was really an arcade game made soley for the american market. The charecters were over the top and americanized, and because of this this game had major success in the states. When SF3 was made, it was made in japan, for a japanese market and it had more anime style charecters, the character were really small compared to SF2 which alot of people didnt like. The game was also more defensive, and less offensive. Now SF4 is trying to get back to the orginal SF2 american style with more offensive gameplay, non-anime looking characters and online gameplay(this is a feature that mostly western audiences want in there games).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Granderoho View Post
    people never like grammar police
    I really like grammar police. Isn't there a spellcheck BUILT IN to firefox?

Quote Originally Posted by Granderoho View Post
    Well the creators of SF don't like to say it, but SF2 was really an arcade game made soley for the american market. The charecters were over the top and americanized, and because of this this game had major success in the states.
    SF2 was an arcade game made for when arcades and beat em ups were popular. They wanted to expand on SF1 and thats what they came up with.

When SF3 was made, it was made in japan, for a japanese market and it had more anime style charecters, the character were really small compared to SF2 which alot of people didnt like.The game was also more defensive, and less offensive. Now SF4 is trying to get back to the orginal SF2 american style with more offensive gameplay, non-anime looking characters and online gameplay(this is a feature that mostly western audiences want in there games).
    SF3 Characters were small compared to SF2.. really... have you even played SF3.
    Put Hugo next to Zangief. SF2 Ryu next to SF3 Ryu. you will realize that SF3 characters were much larger than SF2 characters.
    Also. Online is becoming essential. Its what everyone wants. Its why we get pissed when companies (SNK) take online modes out of their games.
    Also. Go back and look at anime characters back then. That is anime style.

Well the creators of SF don't like to say it, but SF2 was really an arcade game made soley for the american market.
    They don't say it because it's not true.
    The charecters were ... americanized
    No, they weren't. They were made to look largely the same as the characters in SF1. The development art behind both is fundamentally the same.
    and because of this this game had major success in the states.
    The game had major success in the US because there wasn't a comparable game like it at an arcade or a home console beforehand. Not because of how the characters looked.
    When SF3 was made, it was made in japan, for a japanese market
    Just like SF1 and SF2 were.
    the orginal SF2 american style
    is a figment of your addled imagination. This phrase is self-contradictory.

SF2 American Style is what Mortal Kombat was supposed to be.
    non-anime looking characters
    The only SF game with non-anime looking characters was The Movie. Everything else looks like Japanese animation. Some more than others, but they all do.

while I'm here -

The movies were pretty encouraging. I really liked how the characters reacted to being hit.

B-Ri: I now hate Cammy because of you.
    Last edited by dog$; 31 Dec 2007 at 04:57 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    B-Ri: I now hate Cammy because of you.
    How can you hate that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cammy_Pin_Up_by_UdonCrew.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	29832