Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3747495051

Thread: Learning To Play Guitar

1. So why worry about a part that's buried? Just play along and have fun. Then make up your own shit, form a band that rocks and get famous and wealthy just like every good band.

2. Gay love.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Wedding bands are good at playing pre-existing music exactly as it sounds on the record... I agree with Pa, if you can't easily figure it out... make up your own shit (that works with the song), it will make you a better musician.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    So why worry about a part that's buried? Just play along and have fun. Then make up your own shit, form a band that rocks and get famous and wealthy just like every good band.
    I always think the the guitarist at teh bar that doesn't learn the song and just muddles through it with the theory he knows is a faggit.

just say'n

5. So you see alot of cover bands. I'll make a mental note. For some reason.

yeah. If I have to hear sweet melissa one more time I'm gonna kill someone

7. Some bands still write originals.

8. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    I always think the the guitarist at teh bar that doesn't learn the song and just muddles through it with the theory he knows is a faggit.
    I always appreciate a little spin on a highly recognized guitar line/solo. I agree, it should hold similar characteristics to the original but even the actual bands themselves don't play every line live exactly as they recorded it. I've gotten away with adding my own stuff when I coudn't figure a particular part out exactly as it was on the record... it can work.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    even the actual bands themselves don't play every line live exactly as they recorded it.
    That little faggit, he's a millionaire.

with the ear ring and the make up