Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Completion Thread 2008

1. It is not a game, it is a trap.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Every non-HD game ever looks better on an SDTV.
    i like playing old games that don't rely on lots and lots of detail on hd. (virtual console) they look sharp.

I was so close to picking up a good old Sony Triniton at a thrift shop the other day. Only problem was the thing was massive and i have nowhere to put it.
    Donk

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    What the fuck is that game about?
    I'm trying to think of an answer for that, and I just can't do it.

4. 2008 Games of Beatdown

1. Portal
    2. HL2 (working on finally finishing this, I've started it 3 times and always end up bored, I know...I know. I'm in the minority here.)
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B View Post
    2. HL2 (working on finally finishing this, I've started it 3 times and always end up bored, I know...I know. I'm in the minority here.)
    Me 2. Well, I only started twice. But I think I am pretty far along I should just finish it.

6. HDTV's are overrated and a waste of money, there are these HD projectors that come in kits that play a way bigger higher rez image than most HDTV's and are a fraction of the price. My lumenlab projector kicks some serious ass, it hypnotizes me sometimes into playing games like ASS Creed just because they look so good.

7. The main thing that made Riven so difficult was that it was too hard to tell if you were making meaningful progress. Where Myst was divided into small levels and I could tell when I had fulfilled the criteria and ought to leave, Riven gave you access to the whole set of islands pretty much right away and had much more nebulous goals. It was hard for me to figure out when I "solved" anything, so I found it very unsatisfying.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Where Myst was divided into small levels and I could tell when I had fulfilled the criteria and ought to leave,
    there were parts of myst that I got so stuck on that I gave up on the game for a while, later Id go pick it back up and finish it. I cant wait for the PSP version of that game to come out.

9. 2. Assassin's Creed

+ Holy shit he grabbed that ledge and put his foot over there that's so cool.
    + Runnin' around during chases, especially in the post-assassination bits.
    - Bland info gathering missions. I stopped doing EVERYTHING about halfway in and liked the game more from that point on.
    - Not a whole lot of stealth in the game. Maybe I missed something, but half of the key missions seemed to be forced fights.
    + The ones that do encourage stealth are pretty good.
    + So are the informant assassination mini missions.
    + The combat animation can be phenomenal at times.
    - ...which is the best thing I can say about the combat. It didn't become anywhere near genuinely satisfying until the very end of the game.
    + I liked the modern day Desmond bits.

I liked Assassin's Creed, but it's pretty easy to see reasoning behind the mixed reception. I won't consider the sequel unless its hugely different.
    Last edited by Tain; 03 Jan 2008 at 04:30 AM.

10. 1. Kameo - It was alright, but nothing incredible.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.