Page 1 of 91 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Completion Thread 2008

1. The Completion Thread 2008

pls blv.

I'm so glad I played Galaxy on an SDTV.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. That's really my only beef with SMG, it looks rather crappy on my HDTV.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I'm so glad I played Galaxy on an SDTV.
    In one month I move and I'm going to use my girlfriends SDTV to finish the game. Everything I'm hearing tells me this is the right move.

5. Every non-HD game ever looks better on an SDTV.

I guess I'll do the number thing too, this year.

1. Riven

Yeah, this game was as difficult as everybody was saying. I had to resort to a hint system here and there, so I ultimately didn't like it as much as Myst on the raw puzzle side of things. On the other hand, it's one of the best-looking games I've ever played, and the whole ending with trapping Gehn and whatnot was awesome. The puzzles weren't all bad, either. I really liked learning the number system, for example. It's just horseshit like passages that get covered when you open doors in workshop island that I'm not a fan of, and having all of the game open like that from the get go was a bit overwhelming. And there were switches and levers and whatnot that I didn't notice until the 20th time visiting certain areas. Assuming it's easier, I'll be playing the third game some day.
    Last edited by Tain; 02 Jan 2008 at 02:46 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    It's just horseshit like passages that get covered when you open doors in workshop island
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I was stuck for soooo long on that, finally checked a walkthrough, and did a big "Goddamnit!"

I'm impressed you beat it as quick as you did, though. And you learned the Base 5 number system on your own and everything? I played that game for weeks, taking notes, pondering the puzzles when I wasn't playing, etc. It was awesome.

Exile is easier, and surprisingly (considering Cyan had little to nothing to do with it) nearly on par with the previous games. The main villain is one of the worst actors ever, though. He tries his best to ruin the whole game. One of the Ages has this ridiculously cool pinball/rollercoaster theme.

7. I'm impressed you beat it as quick as you did, though. And you learned the Base 5 number system on your own and everything? I played that game for weeks, taking notes, pondering the puzzles when I wasn't playing, etc. It was awesome.
    Nah, not entirely. I got the basic numbers down, and could combine the first ten of them, but I didn't fully realize the 90 degree rotation thing without a hint. I also totally forgot about the light color wheel on that throne, assuming its only use was to call the sea creature. I'm sure that the hints ultimately hurt my time with the game, but some of the things I would have otherwised missed don't make me really regret it.
    Last edited by Tain; 02 Jan 2008 at 03:06 PM.

8. I would rather stab my eyeballs with a shish kebab than play Myst/Riven.

9. The benefit of that is you can eat the shish kebab after, you can't eat Myst/Riven.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Nah, not entirely. I got the basic numbers down, and could combine the first ten of them, but I didn't fully realize the 90 degree rotation thing without a hint. I also totally forgot about the light color wheel on that throne, assuming its only use was to call the sea creature.
    What the fuck is that game about?