Page 19 of 735 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread

1. Do you people keep up with anything going on on TNL?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    super secret fc text
    I figured it out. K?!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. For anyone that cares (and lives in Europe), a demo of The Club hit XBL a few minutes ago. No idea if it's region locked or what (I don't have a European XBL account).

The new Rock Band tracks are also up.
    Last edited by Dipstick; 08 Jan 2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: stupid rss feed

4. That was actually pretty good.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau View Post
    Mine's dead too. I have a warranty with Best Buy, but they're all out of stock of anything but the arcade version, and will only allow my to keep my hard drive in a swap for a pro. Damn MS for thinking the gimp pack would sell.
    They say mine is out of warranty, with as little as I have used this thing I would almost be better off putting that 90 dollars towards a PS3 since it might actually work a year from now.

**Scratch that, three ring of death so I am good. I hope I dont go through a run of bad ones like some of you guys, there really is no excuse for that at this point in the game.**
    Last edited by JMET; 08 Jan 2008 at 12:45 PM.

6. Trixie of Xbox.com fame posted a new thread on the Xbox.com forums asking users for questions that could be answered in a future Inside Xbox segment. The result was a nearly unanimous and justifiable complaint-fest on when will Microsoft will address its stupid DRM issue. Since Xbox 360 are dying left and right, those who get replacement 360s are unable to play their purchased DLC unless the new system is connected to LIVE, since the content is tied to the user's Gamertag AND console. Microsoft does not have a system to place to allow users to transfer the DRM rights to a replacement machine.

This issue has to be addressed, and it may be done quicker than we expect. I base this assumption on something else that Microsoft fixed in the recent update--trial games no longer showing up on your gamercard. I was actually surprised that Microsoft fixed this seemingly minor issue (considering that people have been requesting 16:10 widescreen support and bigger friend list limits for a lot longer time), but Trixie explained in the first Inside Xbox clip that people weren't downloading trial games because they didn't want them to appear in the gamercard. Not downloading trial games is a potential loss of sales, so it finally made sense to me why Microsoft fixed this issue so quickly.

The DRM issue is bigger, because if people can't play their current DLC content on their new machines without a LIVE connection, it will dissuade them from buying any future XBLM content.

I'm still on my 2006 Xbox 360, and I hope the DRM issue is fixed before I get the inevitable RROD. I want to be able to transfer my rights to the replacement machine without any hassles.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. lol

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/08/ma...-360-argument/

be careful what you ask for.

As any crime beat reporter will tell you, police reports aren't always the most precise source of information about a crime. Take this opening paragraph from The Morning Call, which they say was taken directly from police reports, "The boy wanted his father to look at his Xbox 360 video game system. The father didn't want to. An argument ensued. The boy handed his father a rifle. Shoot me, he said. So the father did." ... Yep. That makes perfect sense. The dad wouldn't look at the 360, the 17-year-old (who's now recovering from a head wound) asked dad to shoot him, dad did. Of course.

Now, if the first sentence ended with "which was displaying three flashing red lights," this might be a bit easier to swallow. A despondent kid, a parent knowing they're about to shell out another $350, it adds up. But as it stands, we're just not getting it. In the interest of full disclosure, we should mention that the dad's ex-wife said of the incident, ''he did the shooting but it was an accidental thing that took place.''

Though we're but a humble video game blog, we feel we can pretty confidently hand out some parenting advice here. Parents, we know it seems like a pretty good way to show your kids you mean business, but you probably shouldn't point a gun at their heads. You know, just on principle.

8. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/08/xb...ve-annual-fee/

If you can't live without your Peninsula Beauty Supply or illy Caffe discounts, prepare to pay the piper because the Xbox Live Diamond card is moving from free to a $6.95 annual fee. The charge occurs as the ownership and administration of the Diamond Card program moves over fully to Passport Unlimited (which makes it sound like Microsoft is walking away from the table).

Beginning March 1, 2008, the hit or miss discounts offered by the program will require you to input a credit card; those who are already members will stay on free until their memberships expire this year (renewals will naturally require the fee). To those who actually have these cards, do you ever use them?
    i kept forgetting to use it.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

I never got mine. Fuck Microsoft.

10. I never got mine either and I signed up the first day they were available. I hate you Microsoft, you bastards.

I would never use it, I just want to keep it in my wallet to show off to the ladies.