Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jpop... whats good?

1. It's all about m-flo, yo!
    Last edited by Mikhal; 05 Jan 2008 at 02:34 PM.

2. 54-71 - I'm at a loss to describe these guys. Sometimes hip-hop-y. Sometimes funk-ish. They're... very strange, but absolutely incredible. Saw them open for Deerhoof on some weekend afternoon at the Middle East upstairs. Threw me pretty hard. Their stuff is a real pain to find outside of SLSK, so I'll help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Eastern Youth - Not a very popular band in Japan, they're known but not huge. Great pure punk music. Their CD's have been released in the US.
    God, I forgot how much I fucking love these guys. I saw them open for, uh, Cursive I think, probably 4 or 5 years ago. Didn't expect them to be so awesome. Always wanted to see them again since. I have two albums which will be in the usual place shortly.

Also, the only Mr. Children I own is Bolero, which can also be thrown up there upon request. I'd like to hear more.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    God, I forgot how much I fucking love these guys. I saw them open for, uh, Cursive I think, probably 4 or 5 years ago. Didn't expect them to be so awesome. Always wanted to see them again since. I have two albums which will be in the usual place shortly.

Also, the only Mr. Children I own is Bolero, which can also be thrown up there upon request. I'd like to hear more.
    Which Eastern Youth CD's do you have?

I have Mr. Children's newest cd, I'll throw it up with my next batch in a few days.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I can only find the disc of one of them here right now, but when I ripped them previously I tagged the songs and albums with both the moon language names and the names on the photocopied English-language inserts they gave me with them. The albums are What Can You See from Your Place/其処カラ何ガ見エルカ and May My Scream Reach the Clouds/雲射抜ケ声. No idea if the names line up, but that's what they gave me!

5. What Can you See is the favorite album of theirs. I haven't heard Kumo though, I want to hear that one. I have 365 Step Blues which I thought was their newest, but now I find out they released another one just recently. It's not available anywhere online I see so the next time I stop by the cd rental store I'll have to rent it, then I'll up it for you guys.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. It's on the way up. Also, if anyone's interested in and can't find rips of anything Guitar Wolf released on vinyl only, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have everything but the Ki/oon 12" singles and the split with Lightning Bolt. But since I'm getting paid again, will probably have those soon too.

7. Here's some more stuff I like.

Toe - Goodbye

downy - Anarchy Dance

dhal - Algebra

A solo project by the singer from downy, Robin Aoki. I also mentioned it before.

Zazen Boys - USODARAKE

Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re - My Brain Shortcake

Heavily influenced by the Zazen Boys and an absolute blast to see live.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 07 Jan 2008 at 10:05 AM.

8. I forgot about the Zazen Boys, they're good stuff.