Page 1 of 1426 123515 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14255

Thread: Election Thread 2008 MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

  1. Election Thread 2008 MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

    Election Results

    Iowa

    Democrats Obama 38%

    Republicans Huckabee34%

    The fact that Obama carried a 92% white bible and farm state is good news for him, color me impressed.

    Huckabee is just delaying the fact he won't make it out of New Hampshire in one piece, I am happy he got some leverage but this is a far as he goes in first place.

    BTW, good work dems, your turnout for this event was amazing, most in years.

    Somebody please correct political in the thread description, thank you.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 04 Jan 2008 at 06:03 AM.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    92% white bible and farm state
    Would you say that same thing about Ohio? Cause there's very little difference between Iowa and Ohio.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

  3. Yes I would, and that's big news for Obama, because Ohio carries a shitload of electoral votes and always seems to be a keystone state in the elections.

    in fact, i would say Ohio is MORE democratic based than Iowa, they just have not had a good candidate to vote for since Bill Clinton.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Yes I would, and that's big news for Obama, because Ohio carries a shitload of electoral votes and always seems to be a keystone state in the elections.

    in fact, i would say Ohio is MORE democratic based than Iowa, they just have not had a good candidate to vote for since Bill Clinton.
    I'd say they're both middle of the road straddling the political line between the parties. Although I come from the bluest of the blue in Iowa so I guess I can't judge the best.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

  5. I'm not at all surprised by Obama's win but I am surprised that Edwards finished higher than Clinton and that Hilary only won the 65 and over demographic. Obama even won over the women. Is Hilary going to blow what looked like an early victory like Dean did or will she rebound from this like Dukakis did?

    Not surprised by Huckabee winning either but the guy's going to need an infusion of cash and quickly. Winning Iowa will draw in those unsure dollars (bandwagon money) but he needed that money yesterday.

  6. Yeah, Huckabee is fighting a stiff uphill battle, that is for sure.


    As for Hillary, she needs to realize that she's not getting votes because she's a lying hag, not because she's a woman, I don't want to hear that shit come out of her mouth (it will)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Cause there's very little difference between Iowa and Ohio.
    Yeah no shit! Becuase Des Moines and Columbus are identical, so is Cedar Rapids and Cleveland, Davenport and Cincinatti. Shit 92% white non-Hispanic? Ohio is 82%! Ohio Major Pro. Sports Teams: 6. Iowa: 0. Hawkeye Bowl Games 7. Buckeyes 38.

    Shit, these states are practically twins!



    ...anyhow I was pleased with both results. Huckabee proved you don't have to sling mud and little black boy's got charm.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

  8. Damnit Doc, I tried to rep you for that.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Would you say that same thing about Ohio? Cause there's very little difference between Iowa and Ohio.
    This is quite wrong. Iowa is nothing more than a small moderately red state, but Ohio is very swing because its two somewhat large cities balance it out. In fact, Ohio is almost always one of the three pivotal swing states in close elections.

    ---

    This was really the best night the Dems could have hoped for. I do not believe Hillary can win a general election...in fact, she might be the only candidate the GOP can beat.

    I like Huckabee personally but I don't understand why he doesn't know shit about Pakistan and talks about Mexican abortion holocausts. I think the man can get his message across without offending the shit out of everyone with a third grade education. But I suppose W proved that that's not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    its two somewhat large cities
    Ahem...

    CITIES OVER 100,000
    OHIO
    Columbus ... 733,203
    Cleveland ... 444,323
    Cincinnati ... 332,252
    Toledo ....... 298,446
    Akron ........ 209,704
    Dayton ...... 156,771


    IOWA
    Des Moines ..... 193,886
    Cedar Rapids ... 124,417

    Also Ohio industry is comparable to Iowas. And Ohio has had 7 Presidents born there compared to Iowas 1, Herbert Hoover, they probably want to forget that one.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population
    http://www.heptune.com/preslist.html
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo