Page 15 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread 2008 MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

Social Security was 4.2% of the GDP in 2006, and Medicare was another 3.1%. That's hardly a tiny sliver, and that's only two programs that need to be overhauled.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    And I would have way less of a problem with the costs of war (the war itself being a different story) if taxes were increased. This is how the world works. If I want a new TV, I pay for it. I'd rather have a tax and spend government than a spend without tax government.
    But Bush's big plan for America was to send the nation so far into debt we'd have to become a product-based economy again instead of a service-based one. DON'T YOU SEE, IT WILL BE SO BEAUTIFUL!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I think you'd be amazed/disgusted at what some of them cost, all so that lazy assholes can intentionally not get a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    I too would like to see how the cost of helping people stacks up against the cost of blowing shit up.
    This gives you an idea for this year.

EDIT: the shot answer is 33%/67%
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 08 Jan 2008 at 02:15 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I hope he runs as a third party and fractures the shit out of the Republican vote.
    Ron Paul isn't getting support from mainline conservative voters the way Nader gets support from mainline liberal voters. Most liberals would vote for Nader if they thought he had a shot in hell at winning an election (he's a good guy that backs up his words with his lifestyle, unlike most politicians). Ron Paul supporters are generally 22-year-olds with a hard-on for "revolution" because they're angry about how shitty their lazy lives are.

They're too ignorant/stupid to notice that Ron Paul's revolution would involve turning America into an isolationist theocracy. Ron Paul's courting the 9-11 Truth vote and the Code Pink vote; those tinfoil tards weren't ever going to vote for a Republican until RP came along and gave a voice to their desire to take the blame for terrorism. His running as an independent would draw votes away from the Democratic nominee. Right now it looks like Barrack vs. Rudy, with Nader and Paul siphoning the crazy vote away from Barrack.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    This gives you an idea for this year.

EDIT: the shot answer is 33%/67%
    Thank you doctor. It's good to know that blowing shit up is twice as important as helping people.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Right now it looks like Barrack vs. Rudy, with Nader and Paul siphoning the crazy vote away from Barrack.
    Iowa Huckabee
    Wyoming Romney
    New Hampshire McCain

Hmmm... where's Giuli?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    Thank you doctor. It's good to know that blowing shit up is twice as important as helping people.
    If it was truely for National Defense, I would be alright with that. But 18% is going for our Offensive play in Iraq, which I disagree with. I don't think our nation was bulit to go attacking other nations.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Social Security was 4.2% of the GDP in 2006, and Medicare was another 3.1%. That's hardly a tiny sliver, and that's only two programs that need to be overhauled.
    Social Security may need an overhaul, but it's an entitlement program, not a social welfare program. Telling people they can't get what they're entitled to is the equivalent of breaking into their house and taking their shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Right now it looks like Barrack vs. Rudy, with Nader and Paul siphoning the crazy vote away from Barrack.
    My left testicle is actually ahead of Rudy in the polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Iowa Huckabee
    Wyoming Romney
    New Hampshire McCain

Hmmm... where's Giuli?
    Projected to win more primary votes in more states than any other candidate, which is how you get your party's nomination. These early primaries are meaningless; the media hypes them because it likes getting big political ad dollars and the politicians play along for all the exposure. Huckabee's already won his last primary and Romney is embarassing himself; McCain has an outside shot, and I'd love to see him win, but it's not going to happen. Rudy-McCain vs. Obama-Edwards with Nader and Paul whining on the sidelines, mark it down.