Thread: Mame32 control issue

1. Mame32 control issue

Up doesn't work, either when using the keyboard or a controller. Left, right, and down are all fine. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Jan 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. What happens when you try to redefine the controls?

3. Hmm...not really sure how. I'm a bit of a Mame noob, here.

I'm just using all the default settings, aside from enabling controller support so I can use a pad instead of the keyboard.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Once you run a game, you can hit "TAB" to bring up a bunch of options. This includes both default control options for every game, and specific control options for the game you're running.

I'm going to guess you messed up the default for "up" in these options by accident. You can map multiple inputs (say, keyboard and joystick) to the same function by selecting it twice in a row.

5. lol

Also, we need to start a GGPO thread. It's a fantastic little program that allows for almost lagless play. Honestly the best server I've ever used for a fighter ever. Unfortunately, it only supports MvC1, SFA2, and Vampire Savior.

6. yeah, they need to open source that shit, so it can be integrated into MAME.

7. Fixed. I set the "up" control to "Up Arrow and J1 Y Axis -" to cover both keyboard and joystick. Capcom's Alien Vs. Predator works fine now.

Thanks, Froggy.