Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS

1. GPS

So my gf is hinting and bugging me that she wants a GPS. Since we're going to FL in March, no point in paying $12 per day for 10 days when we rent a car so I might as well spend the extra money and bring my own with me. Is there any suggestions as to which one to get?

$250 would be my price range for one of these.
    Last edited by bandit; 29 Dec 2007 at 01:37 AM.

2. I saw so many cheap GPSs over the christmas season. You can spend way less than $250 if you want. I have a Mio that I like a lot. Depending on the model you can find them for as low as $100 to $150. Garmin usually charges a premium that wasn't worth it to me when i was looking. I think Tom Tom was one of the major brands that has been on sale a lot recently.

3. GF wants a Garmin. I was thinking of a TomTom but I dont know which model is good. They all seem the same to me. I see some that include MP3 player which I dont need. Speech I think is a standard now. One that tells you if traffic is ahead would be would be good but optional.

Costco has a Garmin nuvi 650 for $300 @ Costco

4. Get a Garmin.

I sold that shit for a year and Garmin was by far the most popular/positively talked about thing I sold; not to mention they have a ridiculously low return rate compared to everything else. When the girlfriend and I went on vacation we used a Magellan (because it was open and we were returning it later) and it freaked out in tight areas, then two guys at work bought Mios that in general work well but have the same crappy accuracy problems.

My dad has a Garmin 650 and it works perfect. Just get that and she'll be super fucking happy.

5. If you have Verizon the GPS built into many of the newer phones works pretty damn well, and you don't have to update it.

granted its $10 a month or $3 a day, but you dont have to install anything.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Get a Garmin.

I sold that shit for a year and Garmin was by far the most popular/positively talked about thing I sold; not to mention they have a ridiculously low return rate compared to everything else. When the girlfriend and I went on vacation we used a Magellan (because it was open and we were returning it later) and it freaked out in tight areas, then two guys at work bought Mios that in general work well but have the same crappy accuracy problems.

My dad has a Garmin 650 and it works perfect. Just get that and she'll be super fucking happy.
    Thanks for the info. For $299 plus tax and shipping, sounds like a good deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    If you have Verizon the GPS built into many of the newer phones works pretty damn well, and you don't have to update it.

granted its $10 a month or $3 a day, but you dont have to install anything.
    Nope, I got Cingular (AT&T) and she has T-Mobile.

7. Garmin is good stuff, I own a TomTom One and it is awesome. You cannot go wrong with either.

8. Had a splurge mode and ordered Garmin 650 ($336) for me and my gf and a Garmin 200W ($205) for my sister.

9. You sir made a good choice.

10. I own a map. I love that thing.