Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Logo work for Savannah Bar/Venue

1. I wouldn't even think about applying texture on the logo until it was finalized. Keep it clean and then grunge/muddy it up depending on the usage.

i just don't get why there is the company logo (the first one) and a business card for the same company that have absolutely nothing in common. the ideas are fine seperately, but to me i would think you would want somewhat uniformity across all branding.
    You're right in a way. But strong branding isn't a logo. A logo is just a visual identifier of a product or services of some kind (of person/people). The branding, and this is something most companies that suck don't get, is a strategy of how to use that logo and other creative imagery in a consistent way. In fact the branding defines what the creative imagery you make should look like.

So for a brand he could have an iron-brand star logo like the one above in purple AND a crest. So long as both of them are done in an old style and you keep every detail consistent it would work. In that vein you can technically have a brand that's completely a mish-mash of modern and antique elements that don't look great together. So long as you keep doing that consistently and keep with an overall theme it would work. That's why all white electronics and brushed aluminum surfaces remind you of Apple. They're not logos. But they're graphic effects cleverly crafted and intertwined with the Apple branding. It's true branding. Most people think picking a logo and a colour is branding -- it isn't.

Anyway you've got some good idea's Hubb. And Cow's idea is good. Rock 'n roll needs to have some balls behind it. I'm going to go back to stop posting now unless anything new develops.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 11 Jan 2008 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Here are some recent ideas..

btw That business card i did is laughable i must have been high.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo2vecplane.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	33725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tshirtlogo2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	33726  

3. we have a place down here called The Distillery also.
    I really like cows idea and agree with opaque about the bold text, but besides that I like the look of it.